Heater core 88 - 94 location?

DJ Kontakt

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I do not have a continental anywhehre near me right now, I am driving a Town Car right now.

A friend has a continental and was told by a mechanic that the heater core is nearly impossible to get to in her '94, and it would cost hundreds of dollars and hours of work to replace it.

The part is very cheap.

So where is this thing located?

Imagine taking a heater core, putting it on an assembly line, then building the car around it.. thats pretty much what ford did with most of their car lines...

The 'short' version of the repair still requires about 2-4 hrs labor for removal, and same for installation.. ALSO, the A/C must be evacuated and recharged because you have to remove the evaporator core.

as for physical location, right in the middle of the dash... look under the hood, under the plastic trim peice along firewall, you will see the 2 hose fittings for the heater core right in middle of the firewall. removing the heater basically means you remove most of the dash on the passenger side, and loosen about everything on the driver side and pull back passenger side and tie it out of the way with rope...

here is a link to my posting on another forum that lists what needs to be done (this is the SHORT version) http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41290

good luck

I used some radiator stop leak and put it ONLY into the heater core (use a couple hoses and mix it with HOOOTTTTT water and pour it in one side, catch what comes out other, and do that many times to possible seal the leak.

Members online

Back