heater and windshield wipers don't work

Major Hal

LVC Member
Reaction score
I think it's a fuse, but I don't have a diagram of the fuse box to my 97 mark. Anybody know which number fuse it is? I'm clueless :(

if it's not a fuse, I don't know what I'll do. This car is bleeding me dry.

thanks to anyone who can help with this.

I hate to the bearer of bad news, but the fuses are different. The interior fuses are #10 for the wipers, and #9 for the blower motor/Electronic Automatic Temperature Control Module, and they are fed by different under hood fuses. But, I would have to suspect that the multi-function might be the problem for the wipers, and might just be a coincidence that they both went out at the same time. And, it might be a fuse for the heat, but might be the infamous blend door problem, but I will let someone that has a second gen (97-98) in on that one.

need more info about the heat to tell if it could be the blend door. Does everything work but you're not getting hot air? It would seem like the blend door because they usually go when switching from hot to cold, so during the summer or winter will usually be when they go out.

yea, thanks yall.

See, this is what happened:

The Heater blows, but it's just not hot. I think the AC works.......last I checked.

I was thinking it was a fuse, so I started unplugging the fuses to check them. Anyway, sometimes I'd forget which outlet I just took the fuse out of and I'd plug it back in somewhere random, so I may have just misplaced one. That's when the wipers went out......I think. See I'm not certain b/c I'm not sure if they were working while the heater was not, because it did'nt rain in like a week.

This sucks, I finally got that suspension problem fixed and now this :(

edit: what is the blend door problem? It sounds expensive.

The blend door is basically a door that turns to control the hot or cold air blowing. What happens is that the door gets stuck in a certain position (its plastic) and when the season changes and you turn the climate control on opposite of what it was set on, the door cracks. So the climate control gets stuck on one setting no matter what you turn it on.

Cost, I believe its around $30 for the part, labor is what'll kill ya. I actually did it this past weekend and didn't find it all that difficult. Took 2.5hrs from start to finish. An extra set of hands will help. It also helps if you are used to laying under a dash. PM me if you need any help.

Members online

No members online now.
Back