Heater acting up! Suggestions?

bmtgie

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I been having trouble with my car back to back for 6 months when will it stop:eek:

I did a search and couldn't really find what I was looking for so let me explain my problem!

It finally start to get chilly here in Texas so I go to turn the heater on and it does not get hot and it's not cold either its a tad bit warm but it's no where how it use to be. I went under the hood to check all the hoses and all of them are boiling hot.

I turned the vents on, (not the max a/c) I put it to 90'F and it didn't get hot just a tad bit warm, then I put it at 60'F and the temperature didn't change still a tad bit warm.

Although, when I put it on max a/c and I put it on 60'F it got cold!

I haven't had a coolant change since I got the car 3 yrs ago if that have something to do with it.

Anyone have a idea what could be the problem? Hope it's not the heater core.

Might be a vacuum hose on the back of the climate control, or the climate control itself, or air in the cooling system, The air always collects in the heater core first. Follow procedures for filling the coolant thru the fill tube, not the overflow bottle.

It has trouble switching from cold air to heat vice versa, but when it does get to heat it gets HOT! So I believe it's the blend door it makes a popping noise whenever I turn the a/c-heat on.

Members online

No members online now.
Back