heated windshield?

mikes04lincolnls

LVC Member
Reaction score
ive got a 04 v8 and was wondering if its got a heated windshield? its got wires running to the bottom of the windshield from the inside.. and if it dose have it how do i turn them on or are they automatic?

You have (as do all LS) heated wiper parking areas. They come on automatically when the temperature outside is near or below freezing.

You have (as do all LS) heated wiper parking areas. They come on automatically when the temperature outside is near or below freezing.

IIRC, they come on at ~39º.

You don't want heated windshield anyways. The wires that run through them are the most distracting thing to a driver.

You don't want heated windshield anyways. The wires that run through them are the most distracting thing to a driver.

Go check out a Range Rover. Almost all of them have a heated windshield. You can barely see the wires. You won't even notice them when driving, at least I didn't. You will notice when it comes time to change the windshield and the part is over $1000!

Paste two days, mines been coming on automatically as I start the car,
winter on it's way, getting colder by the day around here.

Go check out a Range Rover. Almost all of them have a heated windshield. You can barely see the wires. You won't even notice them when driving, at least I didn't. You will notice when it comes time to change the windshield and the part is over $1000!

I don't have to. That's what i get for a loaner when i bring my car in for service. I know all about them.
They are extremely distracting and annoying at the same time. It takes away from you concentration, even when you try to ignore the lines.

If my car came with it (it's an option), i would have replaced my windshield with a standard one, that's how much i dislike the feature.

You can also switch it on if needed by pushing the button.

True that, on the 01 V8 Sports model, like mine, it already knows it's cold out when it's started so it's automatically on and as you said can be enabled or disabled by pushing the button. I turn it off, it's not that bloody cold out just yet.

It's automatic on the '03-'06.

No ON/OFF on the climate control console at all on the 03-06's ?

Not for the heated wiper park. We got heated and cooled seats instead ;).

Ah yes, the ol' cooled seats, sitting on something cold leads to hemorrhoids btw. :p

My drivers side heating is busted, ever since I worked the seat back and forth and set the #1 & #2 driver memory settings. The green light on the switch for the passenger side heated seat doesn't light up but heats the seat. replaced the switch already but it won't light up green when ON. not sure what that's all about.

Ah yes, the ol' cooled seats, sitting on something cold leads to hemorrhoids btw. :p...

If you've tried them and didn't like it (you can switch them off), that's one thing. But if you are just assuming that you won't like it, I suggest that you try it. To me, living in a hot area, it's a great feature.

If you've tried them and didn't like it (you can switch them off), that's one thing. But if you are just assuming that you won't like it, I suggest that you try it. To me, living in a hot area, it's a great feature.

If you your a gym goer it is absolutely the best thing ever. Nothing like working out for an hour then sitting down in your car and using the cold seats

I suppose ... one should try before knocking it, however, I'm not much into sitting on anything hot or cold, unless she just turned 18.

My heated drivers seat busted the first month I owned the LS and it was late winter.
I did enjoy the heated seat but damn, got pretty hot on the bottom and made me shorts all wet.

What are my options on the busted drivers seat and working heated passenger seat but green LED not lighting up on that side.

Loose wire on the Drivers and try another switch for on passenger ?

If anyone has the pin/wiring diagram on those switches I could try 12v on it and see if it lights up or not.

What are my options on the busted drivers seat and working heated passenger seat but green LED not lighting up on that side.

Loose wire on the Drivers and try another switch for on passenger ?

If anyone has the pin/wiring diagram on those switches I could try 12v on it and see if it lights up or not.

Replace the heating pad. They should still be available..... I had my rear seat pad replaced just over a year ago for, IIRC, ~$45.

I was hoping it was maybe just the wiring under the seat as it stopped working right
after I was messing with setting the driver Memory options for driver #1 & 2

I'll have to dig in to it over the winter when she sits in storage.

I did enjoy the heated seat but damn, got pretty hot on the bottom and made me shorts all wet.

biggest problem with the 1st gens system is that there is only two settings, off and balls to the wall.
it always bothered me that you couldn't turn it down and leave it on for more than ten minutes, best part about a 2nd gen is that it wall stay on for the entire drive cycle and there are different settings. the best setting is to leave it in automatic mode, where it will either heat OR cool depending on what the climate control is set to, i dont think i have turned mine off in over three years!

Members online

No members online now.
Back