Heated windshield wipers?

John_P007

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that the LS has heated wipers does the 2003 have it? :feed

Sifrino3 said:
Why would they need to be heated?
in the winter when it snows when you have thin ice or snow.. I don't know about you but in Boston we kind of get snow :) , I could be wrong but I could have sworn someone w/a 2002 told me they had heated wipers.....

Looked it up on yahoo and found that Lincoln LS has "front windshield wipers with heated wiper park" but I don't know how to find out if my car has it guess I am going to have to hit the books.......

Is it me or do we not have that many posts or replys for that matter about LS's???? Is the LS owner the little man at Lincoln VS Cadillac??? Just wondering what the ratio was to the other Lincoln's and Caddies

John_P007 said:
Is it me or do we not have that many posts or replys for that matter about LS's???? Is the LS owner the little man at Lincoln VS Cadillac??? Just wondering what the ratio was to the other Lincoln's and Caddies
Not enough! We absolutely need more LS people!!!!!!!

Feel free to invite other owners that you might know........

John_P007 said:
I thought I read somewhere that the LS has heated wipers does the 2003 have it? :feed[/QUOTE

Yes I think it does .My 2000 ls has a heat element at the bottom of the windshield which heats were the wipers rest and it melts the snow and ice.My windshield has some orange lines on the bottom.It works great for up here in Ontario Canada it get's wicked up here in the winter.There should be a button on your hvac which shows a windshield a crooked line going through it.

year 1 LS6 5speed :steering

John_P007 said:
Looked it up on yahoo and found that Lincoln LS has "front windshield wipers with heated wiper park" but I don't know how to find out if my car has it guess I am going to have to hit the books.......

I think all 2000s had them not sure if they were fazed out. Mine automatically come on whenever it is less than 40F outside. The button is on the climate control panel.

Now if there was a way of getting headlamp washers with wipers I'd make better time during snow storms.

ntec said:
John_P007 said:
I thought I read somewhere that the LS has heated wipers does the 2003 have it? :feed[/QUOTE

Yes I think it does .My 2000 ls has a heat element at the bottom of the windshield which heats were the wipers rest and it melts the snow and ice.My windshield has some orange lines on the bottom.It works great for up here in Ontario Canada it get's wicked up here in the winter.There should be a button on your hvac which shows a windshield a crooked line going through it.

year 1 LS6 5speed :steering
OK Now we are talking, finaly some response on this page, I thought everyone might have been dead in here :)

Now that u mention it I too have a orange line on my windshield and I was wondering what that was...... but on 03 there is no button and I think my car has every option

04LSSport said:
I have a 2004 and it has heated wipers.

I aggree that the LS forum is a little slow. It would be nice to see more LS owners join.
04LSsport...
It doesn't say anywhere on the car does it? I also have a sport but it's an 03 w/every option but wood steering wheel (does make it look sharp) and wood trim. I had Lincoln throw in the 03-04 Chrome Rims. I just got it a few months ago....

Then lets get this LS party going......... can we have a recruiting party or something :)

Um the cads have heated windshields much better than heated wipers, which probably would be hard to do.

This is a quote from my manual in the Climate Control section:

"Heated Wiper Rest: Heats the windshield wiper blades in order to reduce the chance of ice buildup and to aid in defrosting. This feature operates automatically when the outside temperature is near or below freezing."

There is no button to turn it on or off. On my window sticker it lists
Heated Wiper Park.

I guess I will find out how well it works soon enough.

I bet that's it... What color is your LS sport LSSport? Mine is the tri coat white color....

It's the button next to the rear defroster control on my 2000 (if I'm remembering correctly between the rear defroster and the selector for defrost with footwell ventilation)

John_P007 said:
I bet that's it... What color is your LS sport LSSport? Mine is the tri coat white color....

:D
Waxed.JPG

04LSSport said:
Looking good.

I just went out at 5:30 Am to wash my car before going to work. Is that normal :p :eek:

No it isn't but I like it though!

5_1_116.gif

Gray,
Did you get my email? I think I want to get the LINCOLN over my glove box like you.... can I get some info on it, PLEASE :)

Thanks,
John

My 2003 LS has the orange lines in the windshield under the wipers. I have no button to control it either. FWIW.

dc

04LSSport said:
Looking good.

I just went out at 5:30 Am to wash my car before going to work. Is that normal :p :eek:

It's only normal for an LS owner. :dancefool

Yes, the two orange lines that you see on the wondow are the heated wiper rests and they will turn on at 40 deg.

EXTERT FROM OM

Electric window heaters

(heated wiper rest) — Located at the base of the windshield, this
feature heats the front glass area below the area heated by the front
defroster where the windshield wipers sit in their parked position. When
activated, the feature keeps the wiper blades warm and reduces the
chance of ice build up on the blades. The indicator will light when the
feature is in operation.

With the ignition in RUN and the engine running, the feature will be
automatically enabled if the temperature is below 5°C (40°F). The
feature can be manually selected or deselected at any time. However, the
automatic feature will be enabled each time the engine is started.

I have a 02 LS8 sport and it has the heated wipers the button is right next to the rear defrost button!!

codewize said:
Um the cads have heated windshields much better than heated wipers, which probably would be hard to do.

Uh, my '68 Cutlass has "heated windshield", I'm pretty sure ALL cars have "heated windshield", it called a defroster. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back