Heated Steering Wheel

johntomferg

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone made/done/installed a heated steering wheel for the LS? My wife liked it on a car we test drove some years ago...just curious if any info.

i believe thats an option in the mercedes or the new cadillacs

Yeah, there are some European manufacturers who do it. I thought Jag or Volvo did it, but it could have been any of the. I remember a complaint about it in an AutoWeek review of a car, because it was tied to the seat heater, and the tester had to turn off the seat heater to be able to hold the steering wheel. ;)

I don't know of any aftermarket "wheel heater" kits, though. You might try JC Whitney and the other usual suspects...

heated steering wheel came on the 04 jaguar xj, but I think they stopped it because the wheel just gets to dam hot.

Jay

LincolnTech38 said:
heated steering wheel came on the 04 jaguar xj, but I think they stopped it because the wheel just gets to dam hot.

Jay

Heated steering wheel, but no cooled seats. Go figure.

I rented a 06 DTS for about a week. It had heated steering wheel and cooled seats. I have a 00LS so I don't have cooled seats but I loved the cooled seats on the Caddy. The heated steering wheel was a good novelty item but not very important in my opinion.

bob slydel

I just bought a new Maxima that had heated steering wheel and I love it now its getting cold outside

2001LS8Sport said:
I've never heard of a wheel or any way to add that feature.

I meant on the Lincoln LS. There are indeed several cars that have that feature from the factory...but nothing for the LS...nor anything aftermarket that I've ever heard about.

I don't know exactly how this would be done, but I suspect there is some kind of small heating coil wrapped around the outside of the wheel underneath the leather. The problem would be making sure that you got even heat all across the wheel, and of course to make sure that you couldnt accidentally leave it on and start the thing on fire. I'm curious how it would work for those of us with the "wood" insert on the top portion of the wheel. I've also been toying with the idea of a heated shift knob for quite a while now. When winter sets in I could see it being very nice not to have to use gloves.

I have to admit that i too would love to find out more about this. The woodgrain part of the wheel gets pretty dawm cold once the snow starts to fly here. It would be nice not to have to wear gloves just to hold on to the wheel.

Members online

No members online now.
Back