Heated side mirrors

anybody? Will I have to replace the complete mirror assembly or can i just buy the Glass? and is it easy to do?

You should be able to pop that glass piece out of mirror assembly. There will be wires on the back that plug in and there should be enough wire to allow you to work a couple of inchs away from mirror. I say should because I have changed many on both american and foriegn cars but not on my lincoln, sorry hope this helps. Tilt the mirror in several directions and look with flashlight, should snap clip in or out.

On my 93 mark I popped the glass right off by holding both edges of the glass and pulling it straight out, and then taped the wires since I didn't find a heated glass only a regular one from a thunderbird, and it popped right in.

On mine, I just bought a replacement glass off of Ebay ($15 incl shipping) and put it on over the existing glass. If you look closely you can see it is not perfect, but only if you look hard. Even over the old glass, it still gets warm enough to melt off the ice.

glass

Mine did thes ame thing Henderson glass put a replacement glass over the old one and it looks fine stiil heats and was 35.00 for each side. They had the parts and took about 10 min.

2001 Town Car

I just check with my Liberty Mutual agent about the broken mirror on my 97 Conti and I was told they only cover safety glass. Mirrors are not covered

Members online

No members online now.
Back