heated seats

g4rgoyle

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok passenger side works fine, but notice when button is push for drives it turn green but no heat. So i have read on the forums could be a short on the heating pad. So being a not bad day temp wise i deciede to fix it before it got cold. Sure enough there was a little blue wire that burnt apart . So i soldier it and skrink wrapped it, but now the light for the button does not light up for the drivers side and of course no heat. But the passengers side is still ok. Has anyone else had this problem that might be able to help thanks. And for those that don't know it is a 2002 V8.

Thanks yes i did i unpluged it and repluged it in, then turned the key on and off then back on. For i have read and noticed you have to reset it .

I went back out just now to double check, and yes i disconected it to slide the red clip for the air bag connector. And for got to reconnect the heater plug works great now i think it the first time it has ever worked since i have had the car in over the year and a half i have had it. Perfect time the temperture is soppose to drop over the course of the day tommrow. Thanks for your help and making me reasure myself. Time for bed early morning.

I was was at a junk yard and found a LS out there and I have the same problem with my heated seat so I decided to take the heating pad from the pass. side (driver seat wasn't there) Man that is kind of a Bitch to take out with all those damn hog rings. has anyone done a good how to on this so I make sure not to mess anything up, and where can i get a new heating pad?

I have replaced my heating element on the drivers side and it is about a 3 hour job. I have said this before in another thread, if you are replacing the heating element, you MUST get a hog ring pliers and a supply of hog rings before you start. Even with the hog ring pliers it is a difficult job but possible.

I just used to sets of needle nose pliers, and ended up using the old hog rings. And yes it is hard to get the rings in the center of the seat. But after it is all done it is well worth it!

My drivers side seat heater isn't working. The button lights up and goes off after some time like it should but no butt heat. Is it typically the pad or something else?

Thanks,
P.J.

My drivers side seat heater isn't working. The button lights up and goes off after some time like it should but no butt heat. Is it typically the pad or something else?

Thanks,
P.J.

What year is your LS? (It can make a big difference in the answer.)

1st gen, its most likely the wire element. If it where a 2nd gen them most likely a crushed heat delivery tube.

Thanks guys. With the weather getting cold in central Ohio, I'm going to get them swapped out soon.

P.J.

I got a 2000 as well with no heat on the driver side but my button lights up orange.

you have to unbolt the seat out of the car. Fold the back seat down so you can rest the back of the seat on there so you don't have to unbolt the seat belt. Then there are four nuts that hold the seat part that you sit on and don't forget to unplug the plug for the element. You have choice i guess cut the hog loops or pull them apart, which ever you want. What you are trying to do is get the leather off the seat to get to the heated pad and find the break. It will be noticeable once you see it, soldier it and use shrink wrap. Put it all back together and enjoy the heat. this is for 2000 to 2002

Members online

No members online now.
Back