Heated Seats "Retro-Fit"?

red73mustang

LVC Member
Reaction score
I know some of the Continental like mine (Base model?) came through without the heated seats option and I know you guys probably have different opinions on them, but I almost past on an otherwise near perfect 2001 because it didn't have them.

Has anyone ever retrofitted the heating elements and switches to a non- heated seats vehicle or would it be better to just find a complete set of used fronts from a doner vehicle?

I'm looking at going aftermarket when the time comes. The kits are actually built better than most OEM setups using newer materials. For example, break part of an element in a factory seat and the whole seat or back section may quit heating. Break a wire (harder to do since they're kevlar-reinforced) on a new kit and just that inch of the grid quits working. The kits come with factory-looking controls too.

My past few vehicles had heated seats and I miss them on this car, even though I am in GA without a "real" winter.

Heated seats in this bitter, frigid cold that we've had up here in WI is an absolute must. I will never own a vehicle without them.
Picture was taken in my dads truck, 08 Mark LT. It is cold.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Members online

Back