Heated Seats Question

Paul Ryan

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My 95 Continental's heated seats haven't worked all year. In the fall I asked the dealer to check them out, but they suggested I dont waste my money since the problem was likely in the elements. I thought this strange since both were not working. Anyway this week an upholstery company took both seats out, and checked things out. They said both elements were just fine but a "relay" was likely the problem.

Anyone had this problem? Not sure where on the car to look for the heated seats relay, or what part number I should tell my mechanic to look for.

problem is probably the elements. I would use a ohm meter on the continuity setting to verify that the elements are still good. Relays should be under the seats.

Thanks GroundZero. I beleive they did check the elements with a meter of some type. His words to me were "nothing wrong with the element in either seat, lots of juice there." So thanks-I will look under the seats for the relay, try it from that angle. Thanks.

Sounds like the did not check it right, lots of juice would mean that the relay was putting out the voltage. A continuity check will tell you if the elements are intact or not.

Do a search on this forum and you will find a pictured step by step of how to fix the seats.

Thanks guys. Did the search, and see how much work is involved there. Boy, you guys are good! Groundzero, those pics you took during your own repair are awesome, and the detail/step by step idea is great. Now that I see the various parts under the seats, it looks a bit much for my humble abilities, but the local mechanic might try it for me. I'd need to do both seats since neither is working.

Thanks again guys.

Members online

Back