Heated seat question

Fla02LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
On the '03+ with the heated/cooled seats is the heat produced by a heating element or by warm air blown thru the seats like the a/c does? Does it heat only the bottom where your ass is or is the back part supposed to heat also? My car also has the rear heated seats, how do those function?

I can't answer your question but have a comment...

Rear Heated seats are hot....What year LS do you have?

Fla02LS said:
On the '03+ with the heated/cooled seats is the heat produced by a heating element or by warm air blown thru the seats like the a/c does? Does it heat only the bottom where your ass is or is the back part supposed to heat also? My car also has the rear heated seats, how do those function?

The Heated/Cooled seats on the 03+ models use a Peltier device to heat or cool the air. The warm or cooled air is blown by a fan under the seats through ductwork within the seat cushion and the seatback. Thus the seats are heated on the bottom and backrest by warmed air.

The heated rear seats use a conventional electrical heating element, like in the 00-02 models.

DMcBrideBoston said:
I can't answer your question but have a comment...

Rear Heated seats are hot....What year LS do you have?
Its a '05 Ultimate, and i must say that heated rear seats is absolutely necessary here in Florida, what would i do without them ?? It is a nice feature though that will never be used.
heat.JPG

heat.JPG

Sure wish I had those here in Michigan! Say, wanna make a deal? I can send my switch plates that have just the one switch for the window so your car would be ok.... I have black interior so they would match perfectly. I've been trying to find a donor car to get these from for my '06 but haven't had any luck so far.... My home email if you want to talk - rboyer1@att.net.

The back is supposed to heat/cool too but on mine at least the butt works much faster and gets a lot hotter/colder than the back. I have heard the duct to the back can get squished and restrict airflow, I'll have to check for that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back