Heated Seat Problem??

95CrownVictoriaP74

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I took the '03 Town Car Signature (52,871 miles) to St. Augustine, FL today, for the day.

On the way home from dinner, I noticed that the driver's side heated seat switch night time illumination began to flash. It flashed in a pattern almost like it was trying to transmit some type of diagnostic code.

Even though it was in the high 80's, I turned the heater on and it worked. The passenger side switch was illumiated as normal.

Later on, it was stead on....and then it began to flash in code again.

The car is under warranty ($50/ded.). I am just curious what it might be before I have to endure the inconvenience of dropping it off at the dealership.

Any ideas???

Thanks guys.

I have the same problem in my 03, the passenger side. I have been told the swith needs to be cleaned, but I have been unable to get the door apart with being afraid of breaking it.

I picked the Town Car up on Tuesday. It was ready in one day. I guess the switch goes for about $20.

Here's what they did, all under warranty of course.

CUSTOMER STATES THE BACK LIGHTING/ILLUMINATED LIGHTS FOR THE SEAT HEATER FLICKER...DRIVE YOU BUGGY AT NIGHT. ADVISE.

DIAG SEAT HEATER SWITCH ILLUMINATION INOP OR FLICKERS ON AND OFF REMOVE DRIVER SIDE DOOR PANEL REPLACE SWITCH ASSY TEST OK CC46 SWITCH BULB BURNED OUT M/O 52989

CUSTOMER STATES THE AC IS NOT COLD...COOLS BUT NOT WELL...ALSO BLOWS SMALL OILY PIECES OF FOAM OUT OF DUCTS...ADVISE.

PERFORMANCE TEST A/C NOT COOLING CENTER DUCT TEMP 57.9 RUN OASIS FOUND SSM17353 RECLAIM FREON REMOVE AND INSPECT ORIFICE TUBE HAD A BLUE ONE IN IT REPLACE ORIFICE WITH RED RECHARGE WITH 32 OZS 134 WAS LOW 6 OZS NO LEAKS FOUND RETEST CENTER DUCT TEMP 41.6 OK CC42

JOB#1 - 1 - SWITCH ASY - 31WZ-14D695-AA - WARRANTY
JOB#1 - 1 - RESTRICTOR - F5UZ-19D990-AB - WARRANTY
JOB#2 - 6 - REFRIGERANT - YN-19 - WARRANTY
JOB#3 - MULTI-POINT INSPECTION - INTERNAL
JOB#4 - BATTERY TEST GREEN - INTERNAL
JOB#5 - TIRES - GREEN - INTERNAL
JOB#6 - BRAKES - GREEN - INTERNAL

(Multi-point inspection, battery, tires, brakes all pass/good)

I love this dealership! (Gary Yeomans Ford - Daytona Beach)

Members online

No members online now.
Back