Heated seat light

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Noticed on my way to work that my heated seat lamp/light on the seat symbol is out...fuse? Or bulb?

Are you talking about the switch illumination, not the heat indicator? If the former: I am assuming that all the other illumination is working correctly. I think those are all LED, so unlikely (but not impossible) to fail. It would be more likely to be a wiring problem. There isn't a fuse just for that one button illumination. Cars would have thousands of fuses if every little thing was separately fused, as so many seem to hope for. If you have the interior illumination turned way down, you should try turning it up, before any more drastic checks. Could you post a picture?

Are you talking about the switch illumination, not the heat indicator? If the former: I am assuming that all the other illumination is working correctly. I think those are all LED, so unlikely (but not impossible) to fail. It would be more likely to be a wiring problem. There isn't a fuse just for that one button illumination. Cars would have thousands of fuses if every little thing was separately fused, as so many seem to hope for. If you have the interior illumination turned way down, you should try turning it up, before any more drastic checks. Could you post a picture?
I will post a picture in the morning ...I figured it was a burnt out bulb and/or LED behind the indicator the green light still comes on when pushed in, it will be more clear what I am talking about with a picture, I should've posted a picture

20220427_133102.jpg

Yeah, I would guess wiring, or maybe the switch itself. (Unless, the 1st gen still used bulbs for that, then it could be the bulb.) I think that you could temporarily swap the switches and see if the problem moved to the right one, or stayed with the left one.

Yeah, I would guess wiring, or maybe the switch itself. (Unless, the 1st gen still used bulbs for that, then it could be the bulb.) I think that you could temporarily swap the switches and see if the problem moved to the right one, or stayed with the left one.
Sounds Good, I'll give her a shot

I assume the seat does actually heat up???
The passenger side heats but the driver side no...Like I said in an earlier post ...the green light on the actual switch does turn on when switch is pushed but no heat

I guess it is the switch itself or maybe the seat heater control module.
Here is the electrical guide for the Jag, it must be the same for the Lincoln

heated switch scheme.png
driver seat heater control module.png

If the light does not turn on and the seat does not heat it is not going to be the switch, but most likely one of the seat heating elements has broken. You can test them by taking the seat back off, finding the plug connectors for the individual elements and checking with an OHM meter. Resistance should be zero if the element is good.

Members online

Back