heat

lincolndude

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
when the car is warm i get heat for a bout 2 minutes then it gets cold.If I shut it off wait about 5 min its hot again but then gets cold again.Is this from the blend door?

If you think it may be a blend door, turn it on and when the heat goes away reach up under dash on P/S behind the console and pull toward the P/S door the blend door actuating arm and see if it blows hot again. Or if you get heat right away, turn the fan on high and to allow the door to remain open. If the heat is on low fan, there is not enough air flow to keep it open.

On mine, the blend door is bad also, but since I am in Florida and it only gets chilly here, I just cut myself a piece of wire about a foot long, then looped it around the actuating arm and twisted both ends to make it a draw string of sorts. When it is chilly enough to use the heat, I just turn it on and pull the actuating arm and turn it on high to keep it open. Then just tuck the wire up out of sight. Not worth the effort for me to tear into it just for a couple of occasions of needing heat.

20 lb. fishing line FTW

HPIM1158.jpg

hot then cold was what was up with 2 of my gen 2's both neede to be properly filled with coolant. Have you lost or added any? You will want to make sure the coolant is right before you dianose the blend door although that is possible. I've done 2 this past fall. Call me if you want 845-797-6853 Mike

Do you have a pic of what that is connected to?I used to have a longish metal arm that hung down that i could get heat or a/c with but it fell off months ago.Can i still rig it?

It's looped around the grey arm where it connects to the metal arm, if it's gone, there's no hope......

To 350TPI, You may get lucky like I did, go to ford, buy the little gray arm for 6 bucks. Then make sure you have the old pieces and see if the new one goes in the hole, you will hear it click if it goes in all the way. Then you can do your string trick.

Lincolndude, I'd be checking the crossover tube myself, I bet someone didn't bleed it right

lincolndude you can call me @845-797-6853 I've had to play with a few of these but can;t type that much Mike

Members online

No members online now.
Back