Heat stays hot all the time. Also compressor not working

UltimateLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have problems with switching from heat to cold... Air stays hot all the time... Car gives code B1262 B1263 put in scan tool... Could anyone pinpoint the actual switch or the cause of this fault? I've already changed the heater control valve... Didn't fix the problem... Could this effect the operation of the a/c compressor?

Is it actually heating, or just not cooling? If you set it to 95, does it get a lot hotter? What "actual switch" are you looking for?

Is it actually heating, or just not cooling? If you set it to 95, does it get a lot hotter? What "actual switch" are you looking for?

Code B1262 servo circuit? Where is this located, I think if I replaced it will fix my problem 60° both sides stay hot

60° both sides stay hot

dude, that is not what he asked you...

Could this effect the operation of the a/c compressor?

of course it could, if there is a problem with the AC compressor, then the air coming out would not be cold no matter how low you set the temp... also this is exactly why joe asked you
Is it actually heating, or just not cooling? If you set it to 95, does it get a lot hotter?

because there is a difference between "hot air" being just air that is not cooled vs air that is actually heated up...

Code B1262 servo circuit? Where is this located, I think if I replaced it will fix my problem 60° both sides stay hot

We can address the servo codes later. They have nothing to do with air temperature, only with where the air comes out. Often those codes will trigger on a temporarily stuck or slow door. You can ignore them if the air still comes out where you direct it too.

Back to the questions that I asked before. Please answer them. Does the air coming out get hotter if you change it from 60 to 95?

Members online

No members online now.
Back