heat/air not working

cmcallister6

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Woke up this morning to go to the gym and started my car let it up warm up. I got in it to leave and turne my heat on and no air blew out. I then tried the ac also nothing. I then noticed a puddle of water on my.passenger.side floor matt, dripping from underneath the glove box. The night before we did have a crazy rainstorm. After the gym I tried the heat again and it worked?

Woke up this morning to go to the gym and started my car let it up warm up. I got in it to leave and turne my heat on and no air blew out. I then tried the ac also nothing. I then noticed a puddle of water on my.passenger.side floor matt, dripping from underneath the glove box. The night before we did have a crazy rainstorm. After the gym I tried the heat again and it worked?

The vent under the cowl panel leaked and probably got some of the electrical connections wet on the blower motor..probably once it dried out it worked. I'd take the glove box down and dry all that stuff out and do the vent fix under the cowl so it doesn't keep happening.

The vent under the cowl panel leaked and probably got some of the electrical connections wet on the blower motor..probably once it dried out it worked. I'd take the glove box down and dry all that stuff out and do the vent fix under the cowl so it doesn't keep happening.

This.

Remove wiper arm
Remove cowl cover
Buy some black rtv sealant
Slather it around the air intake seam, you'll more than likely see where the breach is.

While in there check to make sure the foam weatherstripping (4-5" iirc) is still in place under the cowl cover. It will help block water that slips under the cowl from getting to the area.

Fixed this twice!

Leak (3).jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back