Heard of CTS engine problem, please confirm

TonyLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me of any known engine problems with the CTS? I am thinking about buying the redesigned CTS (is that the 2008 model?). Someone mentioned that they read (maybe in motor trend) of a major engine problem with the V6 CTS, he wasn't sure which years and which engine type.

If anyone has any information on this please post it to this thread.

Also what do you think of the new 2008 CTS?

Can anyone tell me of any known engine problems with the CTS? I am thinking about buying the redesigned CTS (is that the 2008 model?). Someone mentioned that they read (maybe in motor trend) of a major engine problem with the V6 CTS, he wasn't sure which years and which engine type.

If anyone has any information on this please post it to this thread.

Also what do you think of the new 2008 CTS?

Well, I have a '03 CTS and haven't had a problem at all. Runs just as strong since the day I bought it. The '08 to me is alot better. They are going to have them in at a dealer ship near me by the end of this week and I plan on being down there for a test drive of the direct inject. To me, a good solid car

My "04" runs very well since new. The only problem I had initially was the great gas mileage, thought the computer was screwed up, but it was ok.

Members online

No members online now.
Back