Headlights

JohnDoss01

LVC Member
Reaction score
Are there any aftermarket headlights on the market for Gen2 LS'? I've tried looking around, and there doesn't seem to be anyone that makes anything for us LS guys.
Thanks in advance

Haven't found any either, but I'm kinda looking also.

Why not hit your local junkyards and try to find some used ones in good condition?

Even if they are slightly cloudy... they could be polished out profesionally.

Or with a D-I-Y kit from an auto parts store.

I checked, they're all pretty bad looking around here, worse than the ones I currently have. frankly I'd rather buy new ones if possible and not have to waste my time restoring old crap, might be the only option though cause I haven't found anything.

And, you are looking for HID ones, so that limits your selection even more. I don't know if the OP is looking for halogen or HID. There using to be some aftermarket halogen ones for the 1st gen, but AFAIK never for the 2nd gen. The 1st gen LS headlights were actually used on at least one motor-home model.

Yeah that's weird, usually China makes aftermarket stuff for everything. Junkyard and angel eye upgrade might be the way to go.

Yeah that's weird, usually China makes aftermarket stuff for everything. Junkyard and angel eye upgrade might be the way to go.

They just didn't make enough LSes for many suppliers to bother with. Most other cars share a lot of parts with other cars, but the LS mostly didn't.

Makes sense. I usually see a bunch of the same vehicle that I'm driving everywhere, but I haven't seen any other Lincoln LS on the road to be honest. Lots of mkz though.

I checked, they're all pretty bad looking around here, worse than the ones I currently have. frankly I'd rather buy new ones if possible and not have to waste my time restoring old crap, might be the only option though cause I haven't found anything.

I'd venture to guess there is a place near you that could professionally restore some for you. I would think a reputible body shop could do it... as long as all the mounting hardware isn't broken.

Or... you could try LKQ. They are a national salvage yard chain, (or at least regional)... and usually show pics of the cars they have in stock.

Hey look what I finally saw! His headlights looked kinda crappy too. Ha
20210428_185004.jpg

The trick to keeping the headlights in good shape, without having to polish them... is to park with the vehicle facing North whenever possible.

I realize that may not always be practical... but it keeps the lights mostly out of the travel path of the sun.

IMG_20210430_140130385.jpg

Passenger side with coming up on 235k miles. The drivers side has a slight bit of clouding in the light clearcoat they put on the lenses.

I can scratch it loose with a thumbnail. Both lenses have been polished with Flitz... a few times over the years.

View attachment 828575889

Passenger side with coming up on 235k miles. The drivers side has a slight bit of clouding in the light clearcoat they put on the lenses.

I can scratch it loose with a thumbnail. Both lenses have been polished with Flitz... a few times over the years.
Yes that looks really good, gonna have to do that for sure, thanks.

The trick to keeping the headlights in good shape, without having to polish them... is to park with the vehicle facing North whenever possible.

I realize that may not always be practical... but it keeps the lights mostly out of the travel path of the sun.

I park in a garage at home, but I park facing west at work, but that is facing a small forest that blocks the sun coming from that direction. (All the spots are east/west, none are north/south.)

I park in a garage at home, but I park facing west at work, but that is facing a small forest that blocks the sun coming from that direction. (All the spots are east/west, none are north/south.)
Park facing West in the morning and east after lunch, ha!

Are you still looking for headlights? I have Gen I and II Halogen and HID sets. im about to post pics of my parts I have gotten out to sell I don't need anymore my garage is overloaded. All lights come with all bulbs included; even the HID Xenon bulbs will be Philips

I upgraded my ‘03 to factory HID’s when I found them on fleaBay for a decent price ~5 years ago. They both had pretty advanced cloudiness in the lenses. In most cases, the cloudiness is the spray-on layer of UV protectant that came from the factory. I consider this a ‘sacrificial layer’ of protection, and the UV degrades it over time but saves the polycarbonate lens itself from the damage.

This layer can be sanded (or flaked) off pretty easily, then compounded and buffed. However, you MUST add the layer of protection back! I recommend a 2K clear coat rattlecan. It comes with the activator built right into the spray can, so it’s very simple. With the right surface prep and spray pattern, it’ll look like it just rolled out of Wixom.

Are you still looking for headlights? I have Gen I and II Halogen and HID sets. im about to post pics of my parts I have gotten out to sell I don't need anymore my garage is overloaded. All lights come with all bulbs included; even the HID Xenon bulbs will be Philips
I have an 03, I'm looking for the xenon ones.

Mine look like this, put a new bulb in the driver's side but it still doesn't work.
20210505_122507.jpg

Members online

Back