Headlights - Scary Dim/Can't Find Thread

ZacUnknown69

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright! With winter less than a month away, I'm tryna figure out why my headlights are so dim. A while, I searched this up and found a kit that was specific to the Mark VIII. But, already had a set from a different company, on its way. After I got them and what have you, they were extremely and almost dangerously dim. I've been in contact with that company and they've been helping me try to find a solution. But really, I think I might just return them and hope I find that thread.

I bought 6000k, 35w, HID's with a harness.
Conclusion; Is it possible my headlights need to be rechromed? Or could it be I'm just unlucky and should have got the Mark VIII specific HID kit? Either way, suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

It's probably the lenses.
Just buy hid lenses it's a bit expensive but worth it.
And why go with 6k you are getting more color and less output.

It's probably the lenses.
Just buy hid lenses it's a bit expensive but worth it.
And why go with 6k you are getting more color and less output.

See? I had no idea. I'll try some 5000k's and check out those HID lenses. Have a link?

Reply and New Question

Man! That looks clean, how did you do it, or where did you get those? I gotta' get myself some of those once I get the cash. I'm serious, those are fantastic. But! I digress to a more, humbling matter. So, I informed the company, yadda, yadda - next thing I know I have 2 35w ballasts, 2 5000k bulbs, and a wiring harness at no cost! So I hooked the 35w/5000k up with the harness to the low beams and the 55w/6000k to the high beams without a harness. The low beams are...tolerable, but the high beams are damn bright! But I noticed they could use some adjustment. Now, I looked in the book and the way they describe it is extremely confusing. They're saying have someone sit on the hood and stuff. No joke. I'm looking to adjust them up, and a tad outward. So - would someone help me understand how to adjust these headlights? I'm useless on little things like this.

Side question, I was thinking about installing some of those LED running light strips - lower on the bumper. Like something you'd see on an S-class, ya'know? Opinions on how/where I'd place them if I did get them? Thanks, y'all! Appreciate it.

As for the lenses just post in the wantedge area
To adjust the light just point them at a wall at night put a lot of penetrating lube on the adjustment screws than adjust looking at where they point at the wall
Don't go to high and blind people

As for the lenses just post in the wantedge area
To adjust the light just point them at a wall at night put a lot of penetrating lube on the adjustment screws than adjust looking at where they point at the wall
Don't go to high and blind people

I will do, they look nice! I lathered them adjustment screws all up. So they should be easy enough to set - buy no, of course I wouldn't go to high and blind people. Whenever I see someone with their brights on, I inform them by flashing my lights. If they don't turn them off, I'll sometimes swerve towards them. Freaks them out, plus I have no concern for my personal safety. Great way to pass the time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back