headers

fixed it for ya! :D

i dont see the power being worth the price IMO, but it would be nice to match the stainless headers to the rest of my piping.... hmmmm :rolleyes:

The only way I think we would see any thing more than negligible gains would be by going with long tubes and even then it may still not be worth it.

The only way I think we would see any thing more than negligible gains would be by going with long tubes and even then it may still not be worth it.

Well then someone has to bite the bullet and buy the things...

Oh, and have the dyno results from before and after.

If I had the cash and a close dyno at my disposal I would do it. In fact if I had those 2 things I would do a before and after for each of the main mods for the LS. Wouldn't it be nice to know exactly what each mod adds?! Finally, I would then add all of the mods together and test it. Someday...

fixed it for ya! :D

i dont see the power being worth the price IMO, but it would be nice to match the stainless headers to the rest of my piping.... hmmmm :rolleyes:

awwww sully how sweet of you to call me Special......cme here and lemme give that @ss some love! :p

Don't worry sweet Pete every time you take you car to a shop they put it in your a$$. I can see you running your mouth there like you do here and the mechanic just smiling.

PetesSweets86:
Fair Enough Tune-Up?
so my LS hit 90k miles today (only 60k on the engine) and my car needs a tranny flush/ the throttle body needs cleaning. The stealership quoted me about $500 for the job (unsure if that includes labor). So what ya guys think....fair priced or should I see a 3rd party for the tune-up? :p

Don't worry sweet Pete every time you take you car to a shop they put it in your a$$. I can see you running your mouth there like you do here and the mechanic just smiling.

PetesSweets86:
Fair Enough Tune-Up?
so my LS hit 90k miles today (only 60k on the engine) and my car needs a tranny flush/ the throttle body needs cleaning. The stealership quoted me about $500 for the job (unsure if that includes labor). So what ya guys think....fair priced or should I see a 3rd party for the tune-up? :p

i find it funny since you can't nor the others accept sarcasm or jokes...it is precious to all your reactions including Sully who must be used to a sore @ss by now :-D

And the truth finally comes out.

lol wasn't I the one who never tells the truth? lol

JesusCries.jpg

i just got off the phone with these guys. they would be very interested in a group buy. they dont have dyno numbers but expect to see 65hp from bone stock to full exhaust with decent tune. ill have more info in a bit when i get back on the comp and can look at my email and a few other things.

doing the math, figure 15-20 from a tune (i think some first gens got 24) 15 from a cai, so call it 30 plus 15 from a cat back leaves 15 from the headers. so they are expecting to get 30 from headers back system. sounds like similar gains to the magnaflow from catback and then again from headers/cat. similar pricing too. like i said i am looking into this. i may need to become a dealer to get the group buy, and the number he would like to see is 10. this is an ongoing devlopment im working on. i'll keep everyone posted. if you are serious about wanting these headers pm me. keep in mind they list from 800-1400 and discounts havent been figured out yet.

doing the math, figure 15-20 from a tune (i think some first gens got 24) 15 from a cai, so call it 30 plus 15 from a cat back leaves 15 from the headers. so they are expecting to get 30 from headers back system. sounds like similar gains to the magnaflow from catback and then again from headers/cat. similar pricing too. like i said i am looking into this. i may need to become a dealer to get the group buy, and the number he would like to see is 10. this is an ongoing devlopment im working on. i'll keep everyone posted. if you are serious about wanting these headers pm me. keep in mind they list from 800-1400 and discounts havent been figured out yet.

Expected but no dynoed results? Is that from full lengths?

Expected but no dynoed results? Is that from full lengths?

yeah, they are basing the results off gains from other fomoco products. i talked to the sales hmfic and we discussed the make up of the motor. he epects to see those rough numbers off a "stock car with a full face lift"

I just got this email from one of the guys at the Ohio plant where they make the headers/full exhaust..

COME OVER AND VISIT US AND I WILL SHOW YOU THE SYSTEM.

THANKS

JIM

-- Stainless Works
JIM WATSON
PH: 800-878-3635 PH: 440-543-6593 EXT 232
FX: 440-543-9183
E-Mail:JIM@stainlessworks.net

Looks like Im going there instead of Memphis this weekend :D

Sully has already talked to a company that makes headers for our cars for 800+ bucks.....

Yea well maybe if you paid attention youd realize this is the same company, Im close to their plant, Sully is in Canada..

Does anyone have any more info on these yet, im intrested in them if the gains are reasonable!!!

Members online

Back