Head unit suggestions

Starfire

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on an aftermarket head unit. The one i was going to use turned out to have a bad channel and line out rca pair which sucks cause i already own it (was in my Aurora for 2 years, then sat in my storage room for 1.5 years). The other problem with the mess of integrated cords on the back of it made getting it in the dash a royal pain.

Looking for suggestions on an aftermarket head unit. The one i was going to use turned out to have a bad channel and line out rca pair which sucks cause i already own it (was in my Aurora for 2 years, then sat in my storage room for 1.5 years). The other problem with the mess of integrated cords on the back of it made getting it in the dash a royal pain.

I'm thinking about getting the Pioneer AVIC X940BT. I have a smart phone and like how it interacts with them. If your into linking together your technology this is one of the best head units for it. Its gotten decent reviews from what I've read. If you dont care to link your smart phone to it (or dont have one) then its not worth the money though

Would you prefer a larger screen(7") or a smaller screen (5.5"-6.5") with larger buttons? What options do you want/need? Navi ect...

What i'm looking for is Double DIN, Touch screen, Bluetooth, USB port, 3.5mm aux-in, and front/rear/sub pre-outs. Anything beyond this is a bonus.

My big concern is getting all the cables in the back to fit in the LS's cramped dash. I can't remember the last dash i worked with that was this much of a pain.

Ones i'm considering are
Pioneer AVH-P2400BT
JVC KW-AV60BT
Kenwood DDX419

I do have both an Android phone (2.2 froyo) and a tablet (4.0 Icecream sandwich)

All 3 are nice. I have a DDX-318 I'm installing possibly this week.

Not sure how important preamp voltage is to you but the previous model year 3200bt has 4v vs 2v on the 2400. The 2400 looks (is) a little newer and is probably in the same $$ range as the 3200bt. If pav doesn't matter i'd stick with the 2400.

I like my 3200, I'm sure you'd enjoy any of the ones you listed.

What i'm looking for is Double DIN, Touch screen, Bluetooth, USB port, 3.5mm aux-in, and front/rear/sub pre-outs. Anything beyond this is a bonus.

My big concern is getting all the cables in the back to fit in the LS's cramped dash. I can't remember the last dash i worked with that was this much of a pain.

Ones i'm considering are
Pioneer AVH-P2400BT
JVC KW-AV60BT
Kenwood DDX419

I do have both an Android phone (2.2 froyo) and a tablet (4.0 Icecream sandwich)

I have a kenwood dnx6160 and it is my second kenwood. It is my second because the first one did not have navigation built in and I wanted that.Imo the kenwoods are the best bang for the buck.that said pioneers are a real close second!

Starfire said:

Ones i'm considering are
Pioneer AVH-P2400BT
JVC KW-AV60BT
Kenwood DDX419

If you care about Pandora integration, the p2400bt isn't app compatible with android. I'm pretty sure its only compatible with the iphone. I hate that lol. I'm an android user also

Well for one thing with the 2400BT you won't have to worry about running the USB or Aux cable in the rear of the unit as it is connected in the front the last time I checked. This has its advantages and disadvantages but most would want the clean install as opposed to a cable attached to the front.

An alternative to that is just using a micro UBS drive that would barely stick out of the face. They can be had much cheaper than iPod and it may be easier/quicker to use with a double din.

I am on year 2 or 3 with my Sony XAV70BT. I recommend this one personally. My wife's Altima had a Poineer AVH-P4200DVD and we both agreed the Sony was better. The main problem with the Pioneer was issues with the Bluetooth. It had the seperate bluetooth module though. I see the one that you are looking at has integrated bluetooth, so that probably won't be an issue for that one. At the least I can say for sure that the Sony fits. Barerly.

I just recently picked up the kenwood ddx-419 and it's exactly what I was looking for. No gps but i have the garmen app on my iPhone so it all works out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back