Having Problems with my LS 2000 V8 Anyone know whats up?

alyssad22

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My name is Alyssa I've had this car a couple months... I think my sunroof is off track it opens/closes but won't pop up, and in the back (torward trunk) the glass is under the instead of on top. Traction control button stays on? What does this do is this bad? Coolant outlet tube has a crack in it..running hot now! also clock spring ..controls dont work on steering wheel, Just want to know how to fix Sunroof got part ordered for hose Ty 1899166_10201870380580369_1143096659_n.jpg

1899166_10201870380580369_1143096659_n.jpg

the sunroof pops up by pushing the front part of the sunroof button in instead of backwards to open it , and the sunroof on this car goes under not over the top

I can see down into my car from the sunroof..its not lifting it opens & closes but it doesnt lift to seal it shut or to pop open

I cant address any issue other than the cooling issue. It is imperative you get the cooling issue fixed right away. Unfortunately these cars both the 6 cylinder and the v-8 will not take overheating well at all and if you get it hot enough you will be looking at replacing an engine. Please do yourself a favor and make that fix a priority.

I certainly agree that fixing the cooling system should be the first priority. All of the plastic cooling parts need to be replaced. Otherwise you will be replacing them one by one every few weeks.
However, I would say that the engines in the LS handle overheating very well, due to the failsafe cooling. Some other cars don't have this and are much much more likely to have overheating destroy an engine (BMW, anyone?). Perhaps you had an exceptional experience?

Ah yes, the joys of fixing the busted plastic guide rails and sliders on the sun roof!

Most likely the plastic alignment sliders have broken and thus misaligning the entire track when it needs to slide backwards. Often more than not the pop up rods got bent also and popped out of the busted cracked pivots where it holds it into the sliders.

Might need to do one of the following.

1) purchase a Lincoln LS sunroof repair kit and attempt to disassemble and replace.
~ Would involve drilling out some small rivets and redoing them.

2) go to a scrap yard and cut out the headliner at the out edges and undo the entire rack.
~ also not fun and don't damage the end drain tubes on all four corners because if they do get broken, you'd need to drill out rivets as well.

Possibly could be that you have a motor issue but if it makes a clicking sound when it reaches the end and does not pop up or when all the way forward closed, it fails to pop upwards for the vent position, it then points back to the plastic guide cracked and broken which in turn hold the push up metal rods, which tend to get bent when was forced into the pop-up position while is was jammed off the tracks while sliding.

I ended up picking up the repair kit for mine but since then got a steal of a deal on an entire sun roof rack with motor and glass from a scrap yard. One of the end tubes for the drainage got damaged in my forceful removal of the rack out of the donor LS so I'm now forced to undo a rivet anyhow to swap over one corner end drain tube. (was trying to avoid this but failed)

In order to fix this jammed cracked sunroof, the only choice is to drop the headliner and remove the glass then proceed to get the entire rack out on bench and start working on replacing the busted plastic rail guides. No way around it, can not be fixed while in car.

It's rather intense ... sorry to say.

a2srk.JPG

Sun roof repair kit from the Sun Roof Doctor = http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/0002lincolnls.htm

0996b43f80202c34.gif

2008-02-20_190112_moonroof.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

~ lots of fun! GLWR

a2srk.JPG

0996b43f80202c34.gif

2008-02-20_190112_moonroof.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg