Having issues with my fob

MysticMac

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have recently having issues with my fob, once the car goes to sleep, I am not able to unlock my car with the fob, thankfully my door lock module is broken so it never locks the door automatically so I am able to put the key in the ignition and when I turn the key to accessory, the fob works again.

There is also slow start issue when i turn the key completely on in one motion, but when I turn the key so the accessories turns on the car starts normal.

I had recent installed a 1000watt rms amp and subwoofers literally the day I noticed the issue. Pulled everything out and still the same issues.

Checked the transit relay fuse(wasn’t 100% sure whether or not the gen 2 3.0 had one but I checked all fuses regardless)

battery only a few months now old

I’m stumped guys

Code P1633

66E15F9F-F8BA-4F9D-B8F0-36CDC8D4760C.jpeg

8F2086DD-FDCA-4F89-92BD-50A220F4F596.jpeg

So, fuse F2.07 (#7 in the cabin fuse box, 5A) powers the PCM memory and the DDM's (Driver's Door Module) always on circuits (such as the radio receiver for the remotes). The wire to the PCM is orange/yellow, and the wire to the DDM is orange. F2.07 also supplies reserve power to the rear view mirrors (doors), the parking brake switch, and the driver's seat module and switch.

Fuse F4.25 (#25 in the trunk, 40A) supplies F2.07 with power, but you would have lost a lost of functions if that fuse/circuit has a problem.

Thanks im going to go back and re check the fuses, my passenger seat motor was acting up too, very slow to move and sometimes it wouldn't even move, f2 .07 might be the culprit because my electronic parking brake light on the dash will light up when driving but the brake does not engage.

Fuse blew again..

I noticed I have lots of water in my driver's door, to the point where every connection is soaked in water. Would this cause the fuse to blow every time I replace the fuse? I am currently draining the water and going to throw a heater in my car and inspect the weather stripping on the door.

Water itself wouldn't usually cause a fuse to blow in a 12V system. However, that water has probably caused corrosion in the DDM that likely has it shorted now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back