Having issues again, need help with code.

earlfleetwood

LVC Member
Reaction score
2001 Continental - FINALLY it tripped the service engine soon light. I read it with the scanner at schucks, and it said 0301, I believe. Misfire on cylinder 1. It is bucking and running rough, but now all the time, sometimes a little jerk here and there, sometimes worse. I do not know this car at all, I am willing to learn, and want to fix it myself. But, I don't even know where the plugs are. I am assuming that they are on the over on the valve covers. So, where do I start? I am assuming that this is a coil pack that is going bad. Again, I know nothing about them or where they are, I have just heard of them. Which cylinder is 1 on the continental? Is it the 1st to the left in the front? Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:
First pic is the coil covers (yours will say intech 32v on them) 2 bolts, 10mm.
Second picture is a coil pack, pull it out, unhook the clip and you coil is out.
Third picture is where you should silicon the rubber round thingy, top and bottom.

Mine was just the plug when it started missing, yours might be to, but could also be the coil pack. Get Dieletric grease to pun on the new coil pack when you install it, I put it in the boot, on the boot, and around the seal. Just alittle tighter then hand tight is all you need to put the coil pack covers back on. Unhook battery for 5 minutes to clear the code. For someone thats done it before its a 5 min job. This should be real easy for you to fix yourself. GL.

DSC01735.JPG

DSC01736.JPG

DSC01737.JPG

Here's a pic of cylinder order. This is not the firing order. Try not to drop the back coil cover bolts. You might not see them again.

P1010097.JPG

Thanks for the exceptional advice and pictures!

That was great, thanks so much. I am sure I can do it, figures it is the ones at the back of the engine.

At a loss

The check engine light went off, and they car only runs like crap every now and then. I would think it would be doing it all the time. I bought a new coil pack and plug and am going to put that in when I get it, but I am stumped as to wht its not doing it all the time??

Members online

No members online now.
Back