Having an overcharging problem...

jestoner

LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently got my car back for about the 10th time from a garage who obviously knows nothing about lincolns. About a mile from the shop my battery light turns on and it turns out the system is running at 15.4 volts. I just brought the car back for them to fix it (they recently replaced the alternator twice too by the way.) They just called me and told me that the problem was fixed with some electrical grease on the connections... Now i don't know much about how electronics work but it really doesn't make any sense to me. I'm looking for some imput...

That's what i told them and they keep telling me they've already checked it... I'd bet money they're wrong but hey, what do i know? I'm just a customer...

The thing is, you have a lot of mechanics who will "start witht he simple stuff first" and see what happens. Evidently, somehow, someway, they have temporarily fixed the problem by cleaning your connections and applying dielectric grease to them.

So to them, it ain't broke, and they do not see any reason to fix it. Just buy a Cobra alternator or something if you are still concerned and swap the sucker out.

My car has been in and out of their shop about 20 times (not even kidding) over the past 9 months. 6 of those months they had the car the entire time without even starting it because it had gotten broke into and they didn't want to touch it untill the insurance companies were done. Every time i bring my car back to fix something they broke they break something else. I'd bring it somewhere else but i refuse to pay for something i didn't break. It seems though that i am at the point where i just might have to do that.

Just do it yourself man. You'd be amazed at how quickly problems disappear and how they never come back when you just do it yourself.

Normally i do but it was just in for inspection and the next thing i know it needs rotars, tie rods, tires, rear sway bar (i ordered that myself), and appearently a new battery even though everything seemed fine. They told me they'd give me a good deal since it was all that stuff... turns out it wasn't really a deal.

Because i wasnt them to fix their mistakes. Like i said, i don't think i should have to pay for something that someone else broke. Especially when i am paying them in the first place!

Sometimes they are not dishonest.....

Maybe they're just incompetent ashholes who can't diagnose a problem accurately if their life depened on it. Take the hit and find a competent shop, then tell everyone about the idiots!

i would have them pay to tow it to another shop and have them pay the bill there. its obivious that they have no clue and cant fix a damn chaging problem, have it go to a dealership and make them pay

Members online

No members online now.
Back