Have you had to replace your strut mounts?

Dan Ro

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
If you replaced them what were your reasons and symptoms you had?

I have replaced just the fronts on mine, right after i swapped out the struts. They were dry rotted and one side was making a clonking noise.

Are you able to remove and replace the strut mounts without it affecting the struts or anything else?

It will require you unbolting the front anti sway bar endlinks and disassembling the strut/shocks from the springs. It's gonna require a little bit of work to swap them out. If you have a spring compressor, it will make your life a lot easier.

Two quick question on the strut mounts.

1. Are the front and rears identical? It seems all the aftermarket strut mounts say they are the same. However, when I go to TascaParts.com, they have two different prices: $26.99 for rear and $33.21 for the front. Are the motorcrafts specific to front/rear? If not, should I be able to save a few dollars and get the "rears". There is no part # listed that I can see of on TascaParts, so if any one has the correct part # that would be appreciated.

2. I know that you are supposed to mark how the spring lines up on the old strut mount to make sure it seats correctly when putting the mount on. Any tips/techniques when replacing the mount?

I will look at the part numbers for the fronts when i get home and post them up for you.

Members online

Back