Have you guys seen this?

indust82

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I found this while looking for cool desktops. I don't have any info on it other than the pic was named l2kconcept. It's a damn shame these great looking concept cars never make it to prod.....meanwhile the gap between new lincolns and caddy's is widening(imho........sadly)

oops...here it is.

sorry about the pics....damn size limits can be hard to workwith when u have sh!##y software.

Lincoln L2K Concept2small.jpg

Lincoln L2K Concept2back.jpg

it is a darn shame
if lincoln put that car out
we would be up there agen higher then cadilac with there new cars man

ive seen that car before as well. once i saw it i was like, chalk up another concept that lincoln just throws away.

this is one lincoln does not want you to know about... it was(thankgod) called quicksilver

1985-Lincoln-Quicksilver-Concept-fa-le.jpg

Haven't you seen the concept for the Mark X? I saved it for my desktop. It's going to replace the T-Bird, looks a lot like it except more Lincoln-ish.

concept_markx_ext_02.jpg

I also think the MK 9 is pretty hot:

concept_mk9_ext_01.jpg

Too bad they discontinued it. But the MK X is hot too.

markx6.jpg

markx9.jpg

markx12.jpg

yeah it is too bad, that both mk9 & the markX is not going to be produced. it is actually a shame!

bigdog1279 said:
im looking forward to the return of the continental :)

whenever that will come out. it has been a concept (that i have known) for about 4 years roughly.

Lincoln-Continental-Concept-008.jpg

theres the conti !

sorry its sooooo big! but i like big pics, dunno about u guys... shows more detail :Beer

i have seen the conti concept at the javis center i believe in 2002. the car was beautiful, the suicide doors, the dual exhaust coming out of the rear bumper, and lastly how the trunk opens up is pretty cool.

i have a friend who runs a lincoln dealership
he told me that the continetal should be out by 2008 he sed for shur unless lincoln gose banrupt it,s comming out and im saving up for it :)

That thing is ugly, IMO. I know I will get some :q:q:q:q for it, but I think it just doesn't look good.. I think if they redid the whole front end it would look a lot better. I do like the suicide doors though. I like the rims too. They need more chrome less rubber though..

Well i have been driving a COntental
for the last 7 years and i love it id say i wouldn,t buy it the first year it came out id let them fix everything that every one complainse about get it the next year but other then that it,s cool

MkX is amazing, like....id use my girlfriend as collateral for the loan for that car! Lol, jk.

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
this is one lincoln does not want you to know about... it was(thankgod) called quicksilver

1985-Lincoln-Quicksilver-Concept-fa-le.jpg

yuck !!! it looks like a crossbreed between a delorian nose,and a hybrid stationwagon body....errrk!

If you ask me it looks like a Caprice wagon with what LSCGoddess said a Delorean front end and Lincoln badges..........
:eek2:

i was reading some car and driver mag, and it was the 50th anniversery issue. it showed all there mag covers and that was on the front cover of one of there mags. concept car of the year or something? bah they were stupid

MrWilson said:
MkX is amazing, like....id use my girlfriend as collateral for the loan for that car! Lol, jk.

well i think you are stuck with your girlfriend...lol!!! sorry to say the MKX is not going to come out, lincoln dropped it, and flushed it down the toilet like all their concept cars. :Bang

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
well i think you are stuck with your girlfriend...lol!!! sorry to say the MKX is not going to come out, lincoln dropped it, and flushed it down the toilet like all their concept cars. :Bang

Well hopefully the guy who said they will make the continental wasn't bs'n and I'll finally see another lincoln I really like...., somethings wrong when my favorite car maker takes a 12 year brake between releasing a car I'd truly want. And godwilling it will carry at least half what the concept had(I wouldn't expect the horses to stay, but it would be a hella of an option) I think the next 'new' lincoln is gonna be a version of the 500...not too exciting.. It would be incredible if the ford dummies would release the car I first posted..... I've had been keeping my eye out for a few years waiting to see which co. (lvc) was going to drop a convertible 1st....caddy won of course, but I still want to see lincoln bring it back too.... http://www.jwfisher.com/sec-ford/FMC-concepts-prototypes-showcars/llincoln_l2k/

But the way the universe works... it won't happen.

what was the last lincoln droptop?

well lincoln made 1 convert. i believe it was the lincoln continental mark II. there was an artical in motor trend sometime last year, i think it was the conti mark II, the year i think is 1969 or something like that.

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
well lincoln made 1 convert. i believe it was the lincoln continental mark II. there was an artical in motor trend sometime last year, i think it was the conti mark II, the year i think is 1969 or something like that.

They made a WHOLE lot more than one....but 69 may have been the last. I've seen(mostly pics) lincoln convertibles from the 30's through the 60's. There's a nice conti 4 sale near me....late 60's, but not cherry and the guy wants 16,500. I wish i could afford that sort of impulse buy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back