Have you ever done something SO out of order...?

E.M.

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, rant of sorts.

I have been driving the LS with no A/C all summer. It spits out hot air on all temps. Basically, I've been avoiding the issue. I roll down the windows and Im fine, passengers arent common but my girlfriend always complains. lol. I figured that the problem was the all-too-common DCCV gone bad, and I didn't feel like tackling it, so I left it.

This past couple of weeks, it's been HOT. Me and my buddy are pretty car savvy, spending a lot of free time away from our families on different cars. We went fishing and afterwards had a few beers... at 10 am... and decided it was time to take a look. We decided to try some other things before looking at the DCCV. He suggested that the A/C was low on refrigerant, to which I replied "HOGWASH!". Not really, but I should have.

We took the drivers wheel off, popped off the fender liner, and took the cap off of the port. We then spent 10 or so minutes complaining about why anyone would ever place the port that one needed to access in such an inaccessible spot, while the other useless port sits pretty in the engine bay. It was SPITTING pressure with just taking the cap off. I figured that was bad. We put the wheel back on, dropped the car, and tinkered around the engine bay. This is the first time either of us have looked at anything other than suspension on an LS.

We then took the wheel back off, figuring that the leaky line was a problem. We checked the pressure at the valve. It was leaking because it was SUPER DUPER over charged. Yeah, super duper. I then had an epiphany. I sat in the car, turned it on, and turned the A/C on. I said to him, "hear that??" he says "no"... I did it again, "hear that???", still "no". I turned it off and on again... "Hear ANYTHING???". Still "nothing".

To this, I hop out of the car, rip my gloves off in an angry fashion, and scream "EXACTLY!" while pointing my finger very matter-of-factly. I grab my small tool bag from my trunk, grab a 10 amp mini fuse, and proceed to replace the mini-fuse under the hood for the A/C clutch that I never thought to even look at.

I've been sweating my ass of in my car for a few months now because I never thought to check the :q:q:q:qing fuse for the A/C. I simply ASSUMED it was a bigger problem.

Ive never felt so ass-backwards before.

-Sigh-

Sorry for the long post, just felt like I needed to tell this story to someone who may understand, because my girl just looks at me blankly while playing sodoku.

Try tearing an entire door apart, buying a new window motor and regulator, installin said motor/regulator, only to find that you had inadvertantly pressed the passenger side window lock button...

Or... Fixing all the heat shields, repeatedly changing the oil, and replacing the entire exhaust just to find out the damn flywheel bolts were backing out... But of course when I suggested this to the shop that installed the tranny, they say noooo that's not the problem..

These were all ass backwards way of doing things on the old avenger...

Welcome to my life.

Ranting done.

Time to go play call of duty

Damn that is funny. glad you found the problem and it wasn't as big a problem that some of has had. Good find!

Members online

No members online now.
Back