Have you ever been a victim of Dealership Hooning?

OMG, I just looked at the pics of your car. I'm not saying its right, But I understand.

I expect them to drive the car and diagnose it. I figure if that means some WOT pulls then so be it. I don't care much about whatever gas they may burn while testing it. Don't charge me for the gas and I'll fill it up when I leave. They'd just double (or more) the cost of a gallon of gas if they sold it to you anyways.

However, honestly loosing 1/4 tank is a lot. Even if it's from 1/4 to empty that's a lot. I've done that before but it's been at a track. For the record, the first half of my gas gauge goes a LOT slower then the last half. It is surely not a linear progression.

The old dealer I went to did manage to put 50-ish miles on it for one service. I asked them how the hell they needed 50 miles for a test drive and they knocked $20 off the bill. But typically anything less then 15 miles or so and I don't complain.

Did get after the detail guys one time for running to lunch in my car. Actually sitting at the restaurant when my car pulled up and 3 guys pile out of it. Got a full detail for $40 including claybar and carpet shampooing out of that deal. Every time I go back I let them know they can take it to lunch again if they want. LOL

This wouldn't happen to be at South Hills would it??? I had similar problems with them...

Really? I bought my ls there

My dealership experience is much worse. I have to literally tell them what is broken. I even had an esp! They called me yesterday and quoted me $1800 for a rear knuckle. Which was bad when i had the rear diff rebuilt for the third time. Ill post up a thread because there is much more and I am livid

Really? I bought my ls there

My dealership experience is much worse. I have to literally tell them what is broken. I even had an esp! They called me yesterday and quoted me $1800 for a rear knuckle. Which was bad when i had the rear diff rebuilt for the third time. Ill post up a thread because there is much more and I am livid

Well just a few things to name that happened in the past there:

1. Their mechanic thought checking the brakes meant pulling vigorously on the brake lines to make sure I would have to replace them sooner.
- to give you a mental image, it would be like pulling the cable in a big rig that sounds the horn.

2. CD player malfuntion was covered under warrenty, so to pull out my CD's stuck in the player, the mechanic thought it would be a great idea to use a screw driver and a hook to pull the discs out. Let's just say I ended up getting new CD's.

3. Recently, (last week) I take my car in for an inspection. I get free inspections as long as I own the car (something I negotiated with the purchase).

I get a phone call that says:

"Your car needs new lug nuts. We cannot get the lug nuts off to pull the wheel to inspect your brake pads. The socket we have doesn't fit, so we suspect your lug nuts are swollen. It'll cost you a total of $155 to replace all of them."

-Hmm...well, I asked if they ever thought to use a bigger size socket.
-They said no. At that point I was furious and I couldn't wait any longer since I had to be at school in about an hour. So I left. Went home. Put a socket on the lugs. Was able to break every one of them loose.

So I'm not really sure if I'll ever go back there. Mmm...Most likely not.

But I totally agree with you Bull...I believe they were wrong.

Did get after the detail guys one time for running to lunch in my car. Actually sitting at the restaurant when my car pulled up and 3 guys pile out of it. Got a full detail for $40 including claybar and carpet shampooing out of that deal. Every time I go back I let them know they can take it to lunch again if they want. LOL

Funny. I got extremely pissed a couple months ago when the dealership washed my car without permission. F*cking bastards scratched/swirled up the paint like no other. I didn't know a simple diagnostic test included a scratch and swirl wash job. I didn't specifically ask them not to wash it, so I guess I'm the a55hole. :rolleyes:

I didn't specifically ask them not to wash it, so I guess I'm the a55hole. :rolleyes:

If you aren't an arsehole then they won't do what you say. Just how it works. I'm used to it at this point.

The socket we have doesn't fit, so we suspect your lug nuts are swollen. It'll cost you a total of $155 to replace all of them.

Wut? I have for the life of me never heard of swollen lug nuts. I would have been asking him if he checked the muffler bearing, blinker fluid, and pressure tested the alternator.

I think if your nuts are swollen for more than 3 hours you're supposed to consult a doctor...

I think if your nuts are swollen for more than 3 hours you're supposed to consult a doctor...

Or some other form of professional. I like Candy Luv on Thursdays myself. LOL

Funny. I got extremely pissed a couple months ago when the dealership washed my car without permission. F*cking bastards scratched/swirled up the paint like no other. I didn't know a simple diagnostic test included a scratch and swirl wash job. I didn't specifically ask them not to wash it, so I guess I'm the a55hole. :rolleyes:

After the second time my dealer knew to NEVER wash my car!

Wut? I have for the life of me never heard of swollen lug nuts. I would have been asking him if he checked the muffler bearing, blinker fluid, and pressure tested the alternator.

They don't really swell, they deform/bulge due to the cheap, thin chrome cap.

Yeah, I have sockets that will rip the chrome off so you can get to the actual lug nut under neath. They do "swell" up and then just spin on the actual lug nut sometimes.

They don't really swell, they deform/bulge due to the cheap, thin chrome cap.

Agree. Discount Tire was afraid to rotate my tires once because they were not sure if they would be able to torque all the nuts properly. So I bought a new set off ebay.

This wouldn't happen to be at South Hills would it??? I had similar problems with them...

Nope wasn't there. That's where my car originally came from but I have only had oil changes done there in the past.

Members online

No members online now.
Back