has this been done? it seems phesable.

lincolnlogs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
thunderbird speedo swap. im interested, besides the blue needles.

2002-ford-thunderbird-42.jpg

any thoughts?

they look exactly like ours, just different fonts and blue needles with silver.

I agree, they look worse then ours already. You would be replacing a luxury cars gauges with gauges from a non luxury car. If you want that, than go for it, looks like a direct swap.

If you like it then great.

But, if your thinking about replacing the entire cluster/assembly you should make sure there are not going to be any PATS issues created by this before trying it.

I am not yet informed enough on this (PATS) so hopefully someone else with more knowledge will chime in.

prolly take you a few hrs. why waste the time unless yours has a problem tho?

Yes, it's possible. You'll have to aquire a T-bird cluster assy, split it apart and see if the T-bird guage overlay will match up to the LS cluster, as far as warning lights, and indicators and such.

I personally think it's better looking than the gen I cluster gauges. Is it possible to swap out Gen I and Gen II clusters (V6 specifically) and have them married to the pcm?

I personally think it's better looking than the gen I cluster gauges. Is it possible to swap out Gen I and Gen II clusters (V6 specifically) and have them married to the pcm?

Personally, I think the Gen 1 cluster is classier. I love the long, skinny needles.

The V8 cluster will not work in the V6.

I mesnt Both being v6 clusters. I do agree with you on the needles. But I grow old of the font. Compare the two side by side and it'll be clear to see what i mean.

I mesnt Both being v6 clusters. I do agree with you on the needles. But I grow old of the font. Compare the two side by side and it'll be clear to see what i mean.

I have. I have both in the garage as I type. The T-Bird didn't come with a V6.

Those Tbirds are hard to find,Heck go for it if you can get one. I've been looking for the cig lighter panel from one to replace the LS's crappy ash tray.

Members online

Back