has anyone used the ding king?

viiiball

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if the ding king or other dent puller type things work worth a darn, i got a few parking lot dings i'd like to take care of(damn soccer moms)when i bought the car it had one ding now theres about 5, igot one on driverside fender lip that may not come out it looks creased some ass :q :q :q :q reallly opened their door and let my car have it! it upsets me that more people aren't cautious when it comes to getting in and out of their cars, i know most of em are soccer moms driving suvs that are too big for em and they got a tribe of kids to boot,and they don't care bout thier cars, it just somthing the dealer will fix,anyway just venting and want to know should i buy one? :?

I havent used them, but I have heard good things about PDR's, as they are called. (Paintless Dent Removal)

My impression from everything I have read, is that they are inexpensive (compared to traditional body shop) and they remove about 95% of most dents.

If you decide to go this route, let us know how it works out. Maybe see if they'll let you take some pics when they do it so we can all learn.

I have been looking for one in the Detroit area - as well as a windshield divot guy. I have like two or three little winter dings and a rock chink in the windshield.

AAA will pay 100% of the cost of the windscreen fix - and the rest is up to me.

All those dent removers on TV are worthless. Unless you happen to have a very slight bump in the panel. But those you could probably pop out with your hand from the backside.

What you are looking for is a guy that does dent removal for a living. Dent Wizard,etc. Places like that. You physically have to bang with a hammer from the inside against a solid object on the outside to straighten it back up.

Case in point, my wife backed out of the driveway, striking the garbage can. Huge, deep crease in the Minivan tailgate. Had to return the vehicle. Lease was up. Was told $700-$800 to repair and paint. Negotiated $200 with a Dent Wizard guy. Almost perfect, not perfect, almost.

The key is to negotiate with these guys. If he is busy, come back when he is not. Make a deal on multiple dents. IE: $ 100 for 1 dent, maybe $150 for 3 type of thing.

Good luck, but I would forget the hot melt and suction cup thingee. No pros use those. Just a marketing gimmick. IMHO.

I wonder if those dent removers would work on dents made by my fist. I need some anger management courses. I've only done it to my Tempo though. Haven't done it in a while because I broke my hand, doctor said it was called a boxer's fracture. I'm just looking to get rid of the car and am looking for anyway to make it look better. I have about 5 dents, mainly in the rear quarter panels. Haven't tried to knock them back from the inside of the trunk. I don't see why one of those suction cup type removers wouldn't work.

Well i've used the "dent king" that thing is not powerful enough for smaller dings caused by doors etc. I've used it and its a POS. I think you might be able to take dents out of car with some weak metal. I used to have a 1993 Mazda 626 biggest POS i've ever had, well its metal could be dented by leaning against the car, so yea in that car it would probably work on some dents. But not a lincoln, caddy or anything that has a 3000+ pound curb weight for a reason.

I knew a guy with a maruader that had a woman that liked to put dents in his car. When she found out he was cheating on her she threw a brick at him, but more at his car.

Dent pullers are good for ganking someones ignition and stealing cars, there not completely useless.

Oh I thouhgt he was asking about the Paintless Dent Removal SERVICES --- No that $20 thing on TV is a total no go. Waste of money.

I have one of the "as seen on TV" dent pullers and it didn't work at all. It looked as if it was going to work, but as soon as it was almost pulled, the hot glue would break free. I tried it on about 6 or 7 dents I had on my supercoupe and it didn't work on a single one of 'em :(

The dent remover isn't working for you guys because you're not using it properly. You need to use it on a dent like the one "as seen on TV", duh! :ban :give

Jibit said:
The dent remover isn't working for you guys because you're not using it properly. You need to use it on a dent like the one "as seen on TV", duh! :ban :give

lol... Cut the body panel off and have someone push on the other side as your pulling it out? :D

Hello from Oklahoma City! My first post in this website. I used my local Oklahoma City Dent Depot and was very well satisfied. They fixed a dent in the rear door panel of my 2000 Lincoln LS (after the Lincoln Dealer Service Dept. took out my seat and banged the door with it, then denied doing it). I can't find where dent was after Dent Depot finished. It was a heck of a lot cheaper than regular body work. I would recommend them, based on my experience. I haven't tried to do this MYSELF, think it is an "art" that you need to know what you are doing.
:L

When I first bought my LSC I had plans on painting both sides of the car.
Found a DENT-X guy.
2 hrs and 300 bucks later my car was arrow straight.
It was like magic !!

Members online

No members online now.
Back