Has anyone tried these balljoints?

Installed same upper/lower both sides of front end 5 months ago, no problems. Mechanic said MOOG now made in China, DO NOT BUY!
I put Moog lowers on my '03 not too long ago, but didn't notice where they were made. After they were in the car for about a year, one started make a LOT of noise. I poked a hole in the boot and sprayed in lithium grease. It's been quiet since, but I'm hugely disappointed. For the history of Moog and the price of the parts, I expected better.

eh im gonna be doing mine here soon, passenger upper is cracked.
where did you guys get the raybestos? price?
i havent started pricing them out yet. theres always coupons for advance on slickdeals.net (search it).
anyone running these driveworks brand from advance? http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...pper-521-430/10422222-P?searchTerm=ball+joint
i have the endlinks from driveworks. they looked/felt like good mid-range budget-minded parts

Oh great, MOOG was always one of my go-to brands, and my new wheel hubs were MOOG. Raybestos is a reseller, they hire out batch jobs to the lowest bidders. Even the freakin' OEMs are getting stuff made in China anymore.

At the risk of stirring up emotions, just because something is made in China doesn't necessarily mean it's total crap. Yes you do need to pay attention to that stuff but personal beliefs aside, China is completely capable of manufacturing quality goods. Don't get me wrong, I understand the apprehension, but it's 2014. If a product is cheap, then it's cheap for a reason.

It may not mean it's crap, but I can't think of a single item I've ever bought that was both made in China and superior in quality. Plus, I see each made in China mark on a product as a job that one of my neighbors once had.

All of those are valid points and I am not into discussing the political aspects of that but with that being said, I have used a few "made in usa" parts that were no better than the cheaper alternative.

It's all relative, good products will be good products regardless of where they come from. Many times US companies will move production overseas for savings that amount to fractions of a cent per unit.

At the risk of stirring up emotions, just because something is made in China doesn't necessarily mean it's total crap. Yes you do need to pay attention to that stuff but personal beliefs aside, China is completely capable of manufacturing quality goods. Don't get me wrong, I understand the apprehension, but it's 2014. If a product is cheap, then it's cheap for a reason.

Agreed, I think it's important to always do a little research and make sure you're buying from a good known brand. Just keep in mind if you're buying aftermarket generally it's not going to last as long as OE parts. I've been wondering how those are as well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back