Has anyone done a bolt pattern conversion?

LS6_5SPD

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Its so hard to find wheels for the LS due to its bolt pattern that I thought maybe someone has made some kind of conversion to either a different pattern or a single bolt.

is that the only way? I wonder how they do single bolt conversion on many race cars..

I've read where you can take the front and rear hubs to a machine shop and have a different bolt pattern drilled in. Knock the old studs out and install new studs in the new holes.

You would have to do the rotors as well.

You would have to do the rotors as well.

yeah I thought so too. Should any rotors of the new bolt pattern work? they have to be the right diameter only, am I right?

just buy some f*cking custom wheels! stop being a cheap @ss and put some money into those wheels! I got mine for a good deal!

DSC00058.jpg

yeah I thought so too. Should any rotors of the new bolt pattern work? they have to be the right diameter only, am I right?

i would just have your rotors drilled, do you know if the thickness is the same or the off set for the rotor its self is the same

Homeboy, your wheels look nakes with those rims showing so much rotor

Homeboy, your wheels look nakes with those rims showing so much rotor

yea re-pete if your gonna take a picture, at least take it of the front wheels, the rear brakes just look like they forgot take there steroids.

EDIT: who the f%@# put your rotors on backwards, the box is labeled "Right" and "Left" for crying out loud

most of us aren't willing to spend time on our knees to save a few bucks like you are :cool:

I don't get the joke?......but maybe you should start actually working and stop being a lazy @ss. Don't buy sh*t if you can't afford! Only credit what you CAN pay off. This is the avoided reasoning behind the credit situation most people are in. Don't be another idiot!

yea re-pete if your gonna take a picture, at least take it of the front wheels, the rear brakes just look like they forgot take there steroids.

EDIT: who the f%@# put your rotors on backwards, the box is labeled "Right" and "Left" for crying out loud

that would be my buddy who put them on backwards as I was busy with the fronts. I didn't realize til we had put them on. I'm makin the douche do it when we paint the calipers once it stops rainy in stupid @ss washington

fyi, 19s and up will make your rotors/brakes look small. Obvious "duh"

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

PetesSweets86

Im not being cheap dude. U'r car looks clean! But I wouldnt ever spend money on those rims u got, no way, I'd rather keep oems.
About buyin wheels, I just sent an email to Rays engineering to see if they have some Volk 5x108. If Im spending money, Im gettin serious wheels not just nice looking ones.
Ive also seen the Enkei RPF1 with 5x108 pattern but I dont know whether they r genuine or not. Im gonna send them and email as well.

Thanks for helping.

I like them. Of course you are going to see more rotor. But at least it isn't the rusty OEM ones you're looking at.

I mean, my LS has the same exact brakes on it:

IMG_6172.jpg

Are the brakes small? Yep. Do I wanna pay 5K just for the bigger brakes? F*ck no.

Honestly, with all the custom fabrication you would need to do to the hubs, the fact thatit would cause all kinds of problems in the regard to proper offset.... I.E., just because you have a new bolt pattern, dosen't mean all the rims you find with that bolt pattern are going to be the right offset. Also, you'll never be able to put the OEM rims back on for any reason, .....

And in the end, with the new rims and tires, you've spent as much as getting a set of rims custom drilled. If you can't afford 1500-1700 for nice rims and tires, do you really want to spend the time and money custom re-drilling rotors, custom hubs for some average wheels?

Click my car domain page to see mine. They're pretty awesome and worth the money. 19' Ace Deluxe -$1700 installed with tires, custom drilled to 5x108 buy Ace Alloys to order ,from Custom Wheel outta tennesse.

Pektel, only your front calipers are painted?

Im not going for it. Ima try to trade mine and money for S-Type Rs

I want them. I will powder coat my mint Sport wheels in any color the S-type Rs trader may want.

I like them. Of course you are going to see more rotor. But at least it isn't the rusty OEM ones you're looking at.

I mean, my LS has the same exact brakes on it:

IMG_6172.jpg

Are the brakes small? Yep. Do I wanna pay 5K just for the bigger brakes? F*ck no.

How did u get all the door glasses surrounds in black?? did u paint the stock ones or bought the 2nd gen maybe ?? I wanna do that when I get to paint my car ! Looks super cool !

3m pinstriping,i did mine also it only took about 20min and so far its held up great..

Members online

No members online now.
Back