Has anybody attempted this?

96conti

LVC Member
Reaction score
The time has come to replace the air bags on my 86 again and I was wondering if anyone has used or tried to use a tubular K-member and control arms for a mustang on the Mark VII? What about QA1 struts and coil-overs? If so are there any issues I should be aware of, or will they even work?

The time has come to replace the air bags on my 86 again and I was wondering if anyone has used or tried to use a tubular K-member and control arms for a mustang on the Mark VII? What about QA1 struts and coil-overs? If so are there any issues I should be aware of, or will they even work?

I used the factory k member with sn95(mustang)A arms when I converted to springs..If you use sn95 A arms you need to used an sn95 strut to clear the ball joint......fox A arms are shorter in length then the lincoln..

If you want to keep your air springs but use the Mustang arms, it won't work. The Mustang arms are missing the ride height sensor anchor points :)

Thank you OldSchool and 460Tzilla. 460 did you have to use the sn95 spindles and brakes as well or were you able to retain the Mark spindles and brakes?

Thank you OldSchool and 460Tzilla. 460 did you have to use the sn95 spindles and brakes as well or were you able to retain the Mark spindles and brakes?

I used the sn95 brakes and spindles and still retain the lincoln brake booster system..The brakes work alsome and sn95 spindles don't limit my front wheel choice due to the reduced hat area compared to the vii rotors..

I looked back through your thread where you upgraded your suspension and you said you replaced your rack, did you use a sn95 rack or do the tie rod ends from the VII rack work with the sn95 spindles? Also the rear control arms, did you repaint your stock control arms while they were out or are there aftermarket arm that work with the VII?

I looked back through your thread where you upgraded your suspension and you said you replaced your rack, did you use a sn95 rack or do the tie rod ends from the VII rack work with the sn95 spindles? Also the rear control arms, did you repaint your stock control arms while they were out or are there aftermarket arm that work with the VII?

I used the lincoln rack and tie rod ends and they fit good to the sn95 spindles.

I repainted and installed all poly bushings in the stock arms. You can buy the double adjustable upper mustang arms for the top of the rear end.I don't know of any aftermarket lowers for the lincoln,But they could be boxed easily.

There are two different racks for the mark vii's. The lsc is a quicker ratio then the Bill blass/base model

Members online

No members online now.
Back