Hard starting then smelling gas

Dsweat

LVC Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me out here. I was starting my car and had a hard time starting then after cranking I smelled fuel. Not sure what that could be. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Year?
V6 or V8?

It could be that you have one or more leaking fuel injectors. (applies to all engines and years)

There may be other possibilities depending on the answers to the questions above.

Changed out the iac. Still hard starting. Maybe i should change the fuel filter

Changed out the iac. Still hard starting. Maybe i should change the fuel filter

If it's been a while since you last changed it, then yes. However, that is very unlikely to help you with your present problem.

Try holding the pedal all the way to the floor while cranking. That puts the engine into clear-flood mode. If that helps, then maybe you do have leaking fuel injectors.

Does it run smoothly after a minute after it starts? If not, you have have COPs failing.

when it starts up it does run smoothly. but it seems as when the car cools down then it has the hard starting problem again

Probably not the fuel filter then.. I would look for leaks around the injectors or, like Joe said, you may have a marginal COP failure

Members online

Back