hands free phone option?

sho89mtx

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I was reading a review of the mark VIII and they said some of them came with hands-free phones. How did this system work? Is this a cell phone that u have to call and get service for or what?

i am also curious. i have one in my car - there is a mic and a little phone button on my a pillar, and an antennae mounted onmy rear windshield. but i am at a loss as to how to activate or use this system. does anyone know?

You have to have the phone in your car. The only problem is that it is an analog phone. So the reception, and just about everything else is useless now. I am not sure if you you can integrate the old stuff to the new digital stuff. :Beer

I have been working on a convershen kit so you can use your own cell throu that system. I belive it was a dealer instaled thing since Wiering dyagrams are hard to find

dertyclown said:
I have been working on a convershen kit so you can use your own cell throu that system. I belive it was a dealer instaled thing since Wiering dyagrams are hard to find

It was not a dealer installed option, it was an option from the factory. If you get the EVTM manual for your car it has the wiring diagram in there for it, since it is in my EVTM manual.

1wykdmk8 said:
It was not a dealer installed option, it was an option from the factory. If you get the EVTM manual for your car it has the wiring diagram in there for it, since it is in my EVTM manual.
My book is in chitown and im in peoria and have no DL. so I have not seen it in some time
Cool thanks that will help a lot!!!!!!!!!!
With out it I don't know up from down :yourock:

For those who want to know,
i remember when my dad had his 93 cell phone in service,
you would push the button on the drivers "A" pillar ,then a voice would ask you for a name (you had to first program your voice to names in the number memory).
then it would dial and you could just drive and talk,you heard the call through the stereo speakers.

if you were not on the phone and had the radio on,the radio would mute when the phone rang,then you push button and start talking,

cool,but anal log like was said before,so basically obselete in stock form.

dertyclown said:

that would be really cool. I would love one.

67Continental said:
that would be really cool. I would love one.
I have a Nokia car kit in mine. It has the pillar mounted mike,and the Privacy phone in the lid of the center console. So If you clip yout 5165 model Nokia in the holder it charges it, and it works like a speaker phone. If you want privacy where other people in the car cannot hear your conversation then you use the privacy handset and it overrides the speaker phone.It also has the rear glass antenna.These can be bought on the Nokia web site and other cell phone providers web sites. they run about $150. Almost any Nokia phone has this option.

Car kit.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back