Handgrenaded my TracLoc today

Found the problem guys!

BucketMouth
LVC Gold Member

I dont want this guy to come back onto this site. Fawk em if they cant take a joke. He blew up for no reason and being a new guy too, total disrespect.

Disrespect.....IIRC I was pissed on first......so I had my head in my ass one night, everybody has done it, I think it is totally irresposnible of me to blow up like I did ,but also I should not have been branded a BS'er on my third post.

Like I said my ultimate goal is to turn the ls in to a track rat, I have been busy teaing down the suspension to install eurethane bushing, I will get back with pix and specs for the upgrade, out of pocket costs are about 400 righ now, trying to keep everything under 5billss

Well, Im one of the performance oriented guys here, so keeping your cool with me is good, and I didnt mean any disrespect with my posts, I figured you were done with the site the way you posted so. I recommend going to the LS forum, not the HiPer one, and making a "Im new here" post. Itll go along way.

I destroyed 3 ford limited slip racing rear ends in my 150. never did break my true trac. One was from the wrong lube being put in at the dealer ship. That one lasted 3 days. Weird stuff happens.

attachment.jpg

IMHO this is definitive proof that he did install said diff and he did explode said diff acting like a t0olbag.

ya'll give him a break, i believe him

(hoists the bs flag from half staff all the way to the top)

it doesnt take a rocket scientist nor forensic investigator to determine that THIS axle nut has NEVER been removed..

attachment.jpg

Well you can get the diff out without pulling the axle out of the hub. Much easier to remove the whole upper arm and disconnect the bottom knuckle and leave the whole thing together, don't have to touch the axle nut or wreck the upper ball joint this way. Only have to pull one side too.

Just saying.

it doesnt take a rocket scientist nor forensic investigator to determine that THIS axle nut has NEVER been removed..

attachment.jpg

Yep you got it those pix were taken a few weaks before the trac loc failed, it was due to oil and it was bearing damage not actual gear failure

pix when I get back to SFL and load them from my picture

In your case, your gen 2 needs gen1 axles to do the swap.

you still can get those axle bolts off, mine looked like that when i had my rear end changed the guy said they zipped right off with an impact, he also said the exposed threads were so corroded that the nut just slid right off the rest of the way

Members online

Back