H.I.D. Problem

jk52781

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased these HID lights as I saw them on the Lincoln forum awhile back. Everything is hooked up but I cannot go from low beam to high beam or high beam to low beam. For example, right now the car low beams work but if I use the lever next to the steering wheel to turn on the high beams all the lights go off. If I manually disconnect the wire from the low beam to the high beam I can get high beams but same thing if I go from high beam to low beam the lights will shut off until I go back to high beam. My car guy and I have done everything possible and connected all the wires according to the diagram in the manual. Could it be related to the negative circuit from the battery? Please help if possible.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xeno...ryZ36476QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Might be the actual ballast (the box) touching a metal on the car, try putting a doubletape between the ballast and the mounting poing. It might be giving you a negative connection. Try, when I installed mine, I just bolted them on without any rubbur or doubletape and my lights wouldn't go OFF!

Hey Artur, thanks for the response. I will try anything. My car guy bolted the ballast boxes behind the grill area and painted it black so it would blend in nicely. Is that what you are talking about. Put double sided tape behind the boxes so they are not touching the metal?

Did you sell your LS. I hope you continue to stay on the forum. Later.

Yea, I mean do it with a double tape and without bolting it on the metal, try like that. I did and mine worked.

I haven't sold the car yet, I sold the grill, gotta put the wheels on ebay probably next week, remove the system, hids, wood shift knob, steering wheel, my bosch horns, the interior led lights, the lexus lights and whatever else I am forgetting.

Then I'll put it on autotrader.

jk52781 said:
Hey Artur, thanks for the response. I will try anything. My car guy bolted the ballast boxes behind the grill area and painted it black so it would blend in nicely. Is that what you are talking about. Put double sided tape behind the boxes so they are not touching the metal?

Did you sell your LS. I hope you continue to stay on the forum. Later.

Members online

No members online now.
Back