GTC Spring Perches

skymasteres

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am trying to put together everything I need for a performance suspension rebuild and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a set of
GTC Mark VII front air spring perches.

They were installed by Component Concepts in the GTC marks and a variable
spring rate. As the air spring was compressed the spring rate inclreased.

The only information I have been able to gather is that the difference between
the LSC and GTC perches is that they are more oval shaped and the LSC's are
round.

On a side not for those of you looking for LSC "37% Stiffer" Springs. The only difference between the stock MK7 springs and the LSC springs is the spring
perch. If you reuse that part when you replace the springs you retain your original spring rate.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance :)

Also, information on which subframe connectors and parhard bar kits to use would be helpfull.

I have looked at the LVC suspention interchange article and would like to hear feedback from some of you guys that may have already tried some of these products.

Thanks again :)

Not that I would want to force you to SEARCH THE INTERNET...but the guys at Fordvschevy.com have every peice of info you seek

for one....the springs are variable rate, but are identical to the LSC only the GTC bases were made out of aluminum instead of rubber.
There has been many debats on FVC about having the GTC bags reproduced...but the conclusion is that it wouldn't net much.

As for the SubF Cons and the Panhard. The panhard was VERY simple (pics and into also on FVC) and IMHO any aftermarket panhard is superior. The GTC bar induced alot of bind and has a poor roll center by design. Subfram cons can be made for less than $100 - obviously they can not be reused very easy.

I accualy have a panhard that I custom built from a Kenny Brown unit, yet to install, still needs powdercoated.....but that will come after the SN95 brake swap that is in proccess.

SilverFox said:
...the springs are variable rate, but are identical to the LSC only the GTC bases were made out of aluminum instead of rubber...

The bases were not identical; the GTC had a trapezoidal (conical in 3D) base, the LSC are cylindrical.

This is exactly why I am looking for actual drawings of the dang things. I have spend a considerable amount of time seaching for actual specifications and have always been met with "I think it is this ...." and "It's the same as ...", but nobody really knows.

I just want to get some hard data instead of feading the rumor mill more. ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back