Ground question

NoLimit95

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have had a system in my 94 since 2005 when I bought it. I installed everything myself but right now I have pulled everything out. The JL 10's had been re-foamed once and were getting tired so it now has new JL 10's with less than 10 min playing time on them.

Anyway, I just ran 2 gauge wire all the way to the rear because I had 2 smaller power wires for both amps and the size just wasn't big enough. Now I have 2 gauge going into a Kicker 150 amp fuse block and then going to the trunk tub as I type this.

Sub box is standing sideways in the garage and both amps are out and both caps are out. Now, what I would like to know is, where is the best spot for a good ground? All this time I have been using the upper rear deck. I took the amp tray and all the other crap that was on that out long ago. None of that is in the way. The grounds have been working all this time but I know there has to be a better place to ground. The 2 gauge is going to be ran into a JL Audio distribution block with two 4 gauge outputs. I have all new wire, connectors, everything!

I'm going back to the garage now to re-wire the subs back down to a 6 ohm load instead of the 12 ohm load they are wired in now. No alternative for this so please don't offer any advice on that part. Yes, I could buy a new amp but I'm not trying to beat down the block and plus, the subs I have are only 10-W0's 2009 style. The amp is a 2 channel Kicker Impulse 2252xi bridged and the subs I got are 4 ohm each. One of them will be in series and the other two will be wired in parallel to give me a 6 ohm load.

All I need to know is where the best spot for a ground would be. Any suggestions would be appreciated and I'll be back later before I do any grounding to see what anyone has to say. Below is everything I just removed and most likely, everything will go back in the same position. BTW, blue LED's are the reason for everything being lit in blue.

NewJLSubs003.jpg

NewJLSubs002.jpg

where did you ground it to?

Members online

No members online now.
Back