Greetings from East Ridge, TN

Danbo9

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for having this site! I've accessed it several times to pinpoint problems with my 2004 Lincoln LS (3.0 base model) and so far have been able to keep it going. it's one of the best riding, most frustrating cars I've ever owned. At this point my stubbornness is the only reason I haven't traded it away.
To give back to the forum, I'll try to post my adventures and results when working on this contraption.
For starters, I had a problem with my battery running down overnight, a sure sign of a short to ground or some other drain on it. This persisted even after getting a new battery. Finally, I was sitting in the car with it turned off while I did research online, and I heard a wirrring noise under the dash, passenger side. After 3-4 minutes I heard it again, then again, and so on. I bought an enhanced obdii scanner to access the extended ford data, and found out the fresh air intake actuator motor was showing up as shorting to ground. It was opening and closing all night and draining the battery.
Replacement motor was around 16 bucks, took 20 minutes to change, problem solved.
Hopefully that may help someone if they are having the same issue.

Welcome to LVC Danbo! Very good trouble shooting and glad it was a simple low cost fix for your car. Everyone on this site is amazing. You'll always feel like family here on LVC.

Members online

No members online now.
Back