Greetings, everyone

Volk

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm proud to be the newest member of this community. I'm a student, and I have just purchased a 1984 Lincoln Mak VII, for a really nice price ($850) in pristine condition. I have liekd these cars for a long time, but they have usually been out of my price range, until now.

Anyhow, I hope to become a regular here at this community, and to recieve soem advice on how to make my Lincoln even more enjoyable. Thanks. :dancefool

:W to :V there are other Mark VII owners in this community if you need help give a shout and they will do all they can to help. :cool: :L

Sounds like you got a heck of a car for a heck of a deal, Volk. Welcome.

Well, just an update... I checked the car out some more, looks like I will need to replace the fan belt, and do some work on the generator. hope it doesn't cost me much. :frown:

I think the back shocks are going to have to be looked at too, cause whenever you don't drive the car for a period of time, the back end sort of goes down.

VOLK! If you car has an air-ride suspension, trade them out for shock-absorbers, usually a trade-out might run you from $700-1200 however, retrofitting shocks would be way cheaper than replacing the air-ride system. About 5 years ago, I had a '94 Continental and they wanted 3-grand to replace the air-ride system (Front and Back).
I will probably do the same to my '97 Town Car (IF) when I get my taxes back next year. It will save you a headache later-on, and when money's a little tight it's okay to sacrifice the floaty ride. (God only knows, I can understand how tight it can be!)
Hope this helps, my friend.

Members online

Back