Greetings...a New Gen 1 owner!

YouthKwest

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well sheesh, this is the 3rd forum I have joined for my vehicles and I like this one very much. I have been lurking some lately and decided that I should let you guys know I am out here.

I just bought off my father a 95 Ivory Mark VIII with tan leather interior. The car has just under 200K miles and runs like a top. I just bought a new grille off ebay and am ready to put it on as soon as it gets here. I absolutely hate the headlights so I guess the HID's are first on my list. I love the power and the smoothness of the car but it does have some flaws. First the right front air pump is loud as heck. The traction sucks even with new Continentals on all 4 corners. I plan on removing the air ride suspension for new coil-overs and then overhaul the engine. I paid about $500 for the car so I would guess I am ahead of the curve so a few grand to put into the car would be fine.

Any suggestions on priority parts or problems? This will be my personal transportation since I was putting too many miles on my ML320. Whatever information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Again, I like the layout of this forum and the information given here have already been a big help. Keep up the good work.

Joe

YouthKwest said:
Well sheesh, this is the 3rd forum I have joined for my vehicles and I like this one very much. I have been lurking some lately and decided that I should let you guys know I am out here.

I just bought off my father a 95 Ivory Mark VIII with tan leather interior. The car has just under 200K miles and runs like a top. I just bought a new grille off ebay and am ready to put it on as soon as it gets here. I absolutely hate the headlights so I guess the HID's are first on my list. I love the power and the smoothness of the car but it does have some flaws. First the right front air pump is loud as heck. The traction sucks even with new Continentals on all 4 corners. I plan on removing the air ride suspension for new coil-overs and then overhaul the engine. I paid about $500 for the car so I would guess I am ahead of the curve so a few grand to put into the car would be fine.

Any suggestions on priority parts or problems? This will be my personal transportation since I was putting too many miles on my ML320. Whatever information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Again, I like the layout of this forum and the information given here have already been a big help. Keep up the good work.

Joe
how much was the grille u got, i need a new one or at least part of mine re-chromed or something

Welcome!! SWEET car. We have a 96 Ivory Mark in our camp. LOVE the color.

waltlaunchhard.jpg

YouthKwest, if you will go to our vendor section on this forum, you will see that we are currently offering a special for the 4 wheel mark 8 coil over conversion. You can now get the 4 wheel conversion kit for just $350 DELIVERED. If you have any questions, or if I can be of assistance in any way please let me know.

Thanks,
Strutmasters Team

Congrats, and welcome aboard :Beer

Thanks for the fine welcome's guys. I was looking for a local Lincoln club and came across this website. I really like the power of this car! I have owned a few powerful cars in my time, but this one is special. I know how it was run, by a 65yo man who drove only highway miles with it. I know the engine is probably tired, but it sure feels like it isn't.

A few things about myself. I am not a mechanic, but I do love anything with a motor and can go on the highway. I have owned Porsche's, Mercedes', Fords, Pontiacs, and even a few Mercury's. I have owned many motorcycles from two-stroke v4's to Rare cruisers to my current Interceptor 800. My last Ford product ran for 350,000 miles on the original engine and 2nd tranny. So you can say I love the longevity of these machines.

I teach computer courses for the Federal Govt and play pool competively on the Amature level. I am married, one teenage son, 4 wienie dogs, one boat, three cars and a bike. I am 38yo.

I bought my Mark for a project car but I have another project car coming. A '64 T-Bird with the 390 4bbl. I am excited about this car. I like to think of myself as a check book mechanic. I pay to have my cars working. Sorry so long for the posting, but it is 10:30 here in Okie land and I am tired.

I look forward to building up this wonderful Lincoln Hot Rod and talking to you guys also. The other forums I am a member of are : VFR's
and Sportbike Terrorists Oklahoma

Anything I can do for you guys, don't hesitate to hollar.

Joe :L

YouthKwest said:
A '64 T-Bird with the 390 4bbl. I am excited about this car.
i have a 66 t-bird sitting at my home in minnesota, it will be 10 years before its done, but it dose have the 390 and it will be supercharched!

Members online

No members online now.
Back