Great Songs about Cars or Driving in Cars?

Jesus Built My Hot Rod by Ministry! "Ramma-Lamma-Lam Ramma-Long-Ding-Dong!"
Or the rather (Un-P.C.) Car Bomb by Negativeland ( Car Bomb kinda makes me think of my old '82 Townie: digital speedometer, headlights rectangular........CAR---BOMB!)(Btw, Car Bomb was recorded in 1987,and really has no relevance to the events of the past 10 or so years.)

Had a snow day and found time to make the new CD

Here is it is - Tried to find as many songs from the posts as I could.

1. Hot Rod Lincoln – Commander Cody
2. Beep Beep – The Playmates
3. Little Duce Coupe – Beach Boys
4. Little GTO - Ronny and the Daytonas
5. Shut Down – Beach Boys
6. Hey Little Cobra – The Rip Chords
7. Fun Fun Fun – Beach Boys
8. Little Old Lady from Pasadena – Jan and Dean
9. 409 – Beach Boys
10. I Get Around – Beach Boys
11. Low Rider – War
12. Born To Be Wild – Stepinwolf
13. Paradise by the Dashboard Lights - Meat Loaf
14. Highway Star – Deep Purple
15. Born To Run – Bruce Springsteen
16. I Can’t Drive 55 – Sammy Hagar
17. Black Sunshine – White Zombie
18. Arrested While Driving Blind – ZZ-Top
19. Driving Wheel – Foghat
20. Dragula – Rob Zombie
21. Cars – Fear Factory
22. Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen

Hi Mespock

Once again my suggestions fail to make it to the LvC driving tunes CD :(

That's not a very nice way to treat your secret friend ;)

Regards

Dereck

Dereck said:
Hi Mespock

Once again my suggestions fail to make it to the LvC driving tunes CD :(

That's not a very nice way to treat your secret friend ;)

Regards

Dereck

I'm Not trying to exclude you just didn't have your request in my collection and had a hard time getting some others songs Downloaded. - I have my kids do my downloading - If it doesn't down load in a few minutes they delete the downloads then give me what they have!

I am planning a few more CD's I'll try my best to get you're suggestions on one!

Dereck I sure hope you can make the Midwest Meet Feb. 19, the Chicago Auto Show.

Hi Mespock

mespock said:
I'm Not trying to exclude you just didn't have your request in my collection and had a hard time getting some others songs Downloaded. - I have my kids do my downloading - If it doesn't down load in a few minutes they delete the downloads then give me what they have!

I am planning a few more CD's I'll try my best to get you're suggestions on one!

Dereck I sure hope you can make the Midwest Meet Feb. 19, the Chicago Auto Show.

Obviously you dont realize I live 3800 miles from Chicago in the UK,so much as I would love to go to the Chicago Auto Show, the expense kinda prohibits my attendence, I am saving myself for the Carlisle Ford Meet in June, if you are going to that one I would love to meet you :)

Regards

Dereck

Dereck said:
Hi Mespock

Obviously you dont realize I live 3800 miles from Chicago in the UK,so much as I would love to go to the Chicago Auto Show, the expense kinda prohibits my attendence, I am saving myself for the Carlisle Ford Meet in June, if you are going to that one I would love to meet you :)

Regards

Dereck

Oh yes! I do know you're from Beatles land but just thought I'd invite you What are friends for ;)

what about "hot rod race" by Arkie Shibley & His Mountain Dew Boys, the reason for hot rod Lincoln being a song. or "Black Betty" by Ram Jam, "Flirting with disaster" by molly hatchet. and for something a little weird throw in "hocus-pocus" by focus.

Sensual driving:
Lil Wayne- Hot Revolver
Cypress Hill- Tequila Sunrise
The Game- Let's Ride
David Rush- Shooting Star

that's a few most rescent ones I've been listening to. I have 128 songs great for driving :-D

Racing:
Faderhead- Tzdv
Rob Dougan- Clubbed To Death
House of Pain- Jump Around
Aphex Twins- Come to Daddy

Top Gear's search for the greatest driving song:

Radar Love Golden Earring
Born to Be Wild Steppenwolf
Don't Stop Me Now Queen
Highway Star Deep Purple
Bat Out Of Hell Meatloaf

Members online