Great,relaxing ride in the country sunshine with wifey and the LS V8

don-ohio

Banned
Reaction score
Took all secondary roads. About 60 miles at 35 mph or less.
Anyone else get out and enjoy a perfectly running LS trip today? Let's hear it! don-ohio :)^)

Everyday! I've got a 30 mile commute, all highway and the speed limit varies between 55 and 65. Gotta love the Iowa cruises.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Great to hear,BriaSmit! Yeah,when I'm well and getting to work,I do a 35 minute ride to work,but rarely take the LS. Usually the Aerostar or Mustang.
Now when I take the Mustang,on a nice day,the top is down until I get to work.
I really love those slow country rides in the Mustang or LS. don-ohio :)^)

We did a wine/food pairing and tasting weekend (2-day) in the Niagara wine region (Ontario) this past weekend in the LS with freshly replaced rear calipers and new coolant hoses (the rubber/metal dual hose setup) and she purred while cruising around some beautiful countryside on a very nice weekend weather-wise.

Great to hear that people are enjoying their cars,like me, instead of working on them all the time. The fruits of good maintenance are trouble-free rides. What is a food pairing/tasting? Are you sober when you get done? LOL! don-ohio :)^)

We did a wine/food pairing and tasting weekend (2-day) in the Niagara wine region (Ontario) this past weekend in the LS with freshly replaced rear calipers and new coolant hoses (the rubber/metal dual hose setup) and she purred while cruising around some beautiful countryside on a very nice weekend weather-wise.

Did that Niagara wine trail a few years back..
some tasted like gasoline,,some like diesel fuel..
after about six vineyards we went back to the finger lakes in NY .
Nadians may make good beer but not the climate for grapes.. :)

Great to hear that people are enjoying their cars,like me, instead of working on them all the time. The fruits of good maintenance are trouble-free rides. What is a food pairing/tasting? Are you sober when you get done? LOL! don-ohio :)^)

That is when you get food paired with the proper wine.
in canada that would be poutine paired with Labatt's !! LOL !!!!

I took the LS for a ride around the lake today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Winnipesaukee

120 mi round trip.

stopped at the oldest resort in the US.

Wolfboro.
http://www.wolfeboronh.us/Pages/WolfeboroNH_Webdocs/about

" For people who are not residents, we offer some little known facts about New Hampshire; it has the seventh highest per capita income and the lowest crime rate in the country; the SAT scores of its students are the highest in the country; and it is among the lowest taxed states in the country. Given these facts, it is not surprising that New Hampshire is the only state in the Northeast to have experienced population growth in recent years. "

had to turn on the air,got warm today :)

Looks like you too had a great ride,Ron! That looks like beautiful country up there! As stressful as the times are now,there's a lot to be said about forgetting our cares for a few hours OR days and getting ourselves back in mental prime.
I can't wait to get out on the motorbike and tour a coupla hundred miles on back roads.
I THINK I'm done with the doctors for now,after a case of near pneumonia and three weeks work missed. don-ohio :)^)

Looks like you too had a great ride,Ron! That looks like beautiful country up there! As stressful as the times are now,there's a lot to be said about forgetting our cares for a few hours OR days and getting ourselves back in mental prime.
I can't wait to get out on the motorbike and tour a coupla hundred miles on back roads.
I THINK I'm done with the doctors for now,after a case of near pneumonia and three weeks work missed. don-ohio :)^)

That Pneumonia can be even fatal you know !!

i got shots for it.

Glad i dont havta work anymore,,,and the country up here is really nice.

It seems most of my life now is centered around doctors !! LOL !!

my mental prime is long past also !! LOL !!

my bike days are done,,need the comfort of a soft ride now,,still have my 1949 Indian,,had it since 1971,,gonna have it buried with me :)

Have a friend in Frazeysburg Ohier i visit once a year,,you far from there ?

looking now for a town car,,,should make touring more comfortable.

got five cars registered now,three not,need more vehicles !!

but thats off subject isnt it..

looking to maybe part with the LS,,with a corvette and a Maserati i dont need the LS for sport,,,,,but thinking to send the MAS away too ,,i need something comfortable to sit my axe in ! :)

sorry for the rambling :)

I'll look up Frazeyburg or Frazeeburg, but I have never heard of it,Ron. Sounds like you have a whole investment in good cars? I have 2 LSes ,a Mustang,Aerostar van, and an F-250 that could win the UGLY TRUCK Contest handily.LOL! Have fun,Ron! don-ohio :)^)

Okay,Frazeysburg,Oh is 112 miles of driving up 35 to Rt. 159 and over. That's above Zanesville,OH. don-ohio :)^)

If you only do the tasting itself then you're fine since it's over a 6-hour period on each of the 2 days and there is food. If you do it on an empty stomach and take additional tastings (which they offer) then staying sober will be a challenge. At some of the wineries I'll take a sip with the food pairing and let my wife finish my share wine (plus hers) and at others I'll have my full tasting (I think it's an ounce). They also give you the recipe card for the food pairing which my wife uses to do the food at home as well.

http://www.20valley.ca/files/GetFreshPackage2016wineriesrev.pdf

This area does another event like this in autumn where they feature more red wines and heartier autumn/winter type food recipes.

The wine from the Niagara region has come a long way in the past 20 years and there are a lot of fantastic wine options and they do compete and win or place in the top 3 in international wine industry competitions. Yes there are wineries that have a way to go to improve but then there are others that do a great job. This area is adjacent to the Niagara-on-the-Lake area that is more established so tend to have smaller boutique/artisan wineries that are small batch/low volume. About 2/3 of the wineries listed in the attached PDF have at least 1-2 wines in their portfolio that would be considered very good to excellent at their price points (these are not the $100-$500 bottles like California/France, etc but more the $20-$80 range).

LOL! Labatt's is not good beer.....

I didnt say it was..

I was making a joke.

see post #6

" they do compete and win or place in the top 3 in international wine industry competitions. "

only when the judges are form canada.

You realize " international "means all nations ?? worldwide ??

i have yet to taste ANY wine from canada that was worth drinking,,,..
now thats just MY opinion,,,...:)

I didnt say it was..

I was making a joke.

see post #6

" they do compete and win or place in the top 3 in international wine industry competitions. "

only when the judges are form canada.

You realize " international "means all nations ?? worldwide ??

i have yet to taste ANY wine from canada that was worth drinking,,,..
now thats just MY opinion,,,...:)

These are the competitions in Europe - don't think there are any Canadian judges so it's more "international" than the World Series.

Yeah, knew you were poking fun :Beer

IMO the best thing that ever came out of Canada was whiskey. But seriously, you guys gotta stop sending us Biebers. Really. We'd rather you all just ate rotten racoons, turbo-crapped into jumbo tanker jets and sprayed it all over the US.

IMO the best thing that ever came out of Canada was whiskey. But seriously, you guys gotta stop sending us Biebers. Really. We'd rather you all just ate rotten racoons, turbo-crapped into jumbo tanker jets and sprayed it all over the US.

Yeah, I'll apologize for that one - friends don't Bieber anyone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back