Got the Rotorpros Package Installed, Now 3 Problems!!

LDM-
After reading your post in the other thread, you would see and feel brake fluid if there was a leak. It was evident in a matter of minutes that the washer wasn't sealing correctly when I did mine. I know this may be stupid to ask, but have you bled the brakes thoroughly since you have had the lines installed?

after you put brake in did you switch to a better brake fluid when you did the bleed. if not you should use the castrol gta lma dot 4 fluid its a great fluid. and its got a pretty good wet boiling point.

I am not doing the brakes. A Brake shop did the SS StopTech Lines and front rotors and pads. The dealership tried to finish the rears and had to put on new rear calipers, new rotors, new pads.

The dealership has done a brake bleed multiple times this week (manually bleed them yesterday 4 times, plus did a ABS brake bleed). They have been working with Ford Technical Support Hotline too.

I mentioned to the dealership this morning to make sure there are crush washers on the new SS brake lines, maybe replace them. They said the brake fluid would be leaking so that is not the problem.

They are using Motorcraft DOT3 brake fluid, and will only use that as it's the recommended fluid for all their vehicles.

They are going to replace the new master cyclinder again with another A1 Cadone brand as an exchange, and charge me another $350 in labor plus $25 for more brake fluid. They didn't have a Motorcraft master cylinder and would have had to order it, plus I wanted to save money... so I authorized a non-Motorcraft part. They said if it had been a Motorcraft Master Cylinder the labor would have been covered.

So it's costing me more money for a non-motorcraft master cylinder, than it would have for a motorcraft master cylinder.

Yes, new brake fluid. Yes, brakes have been blead about 12 times this week by the Lincoln Dealership, plus 2 times on Monday this week by a brake shop.

wow thants :q:q:q:qed up

i only use the gta lma brake fluid it is better then the motorcraft fluid.
if you need any help let me know i will talk to my fellow techs here at my shop
i run a exotic shop in new york called exotic motor werks. let me know

I love my Wilwwod noticed a huge difference going with a 4 piston caliper and 13 in rotor. Plus they work with the stock 17s and the aftermarket 19s

Wilwoood Lincoln LS Avarus.jpg

Wilwood with stock rims.jpg

I made the bracket myself to save some money.... but the calipers, pads, rotors and hats were about 1400

Members online

No members online now.
Back