Got rid of my double din and replaced it with a 7" Galaxy Tablet

I redid it a few times to get it as close as possible.

IMG_0600 (Small).JPG

IMG_0601 (Small).JPG

Good work! Whats the object below the seat with wires going to it? A speaker? Do you have flip it down the tablet manually? If so and you want to take it a step further, I found some pretty cool linear actuators you can use. You could just use one, wire it to a switch, flip down and flip back up. You can get them in various sizes and with different gears for different speed and torque.

Good work! Whats the object below the seat with wires going to it? A speaker? Do you have flip it down manually? If so and you want to take it a step further, I found some pretty cool linear actuators you can use. You could just use one, wire it to a switch, flip down and flip back up. You can get them in various sizes and with different gears for different speed and torque.

The things under the seats are the Aura Bass Shaker coneless subs
(for the loins!) that are powered by the center amp.
Some girls like them:p:p

yes it's manual with the rod on one side to keep it from dropping too far.
Post a link or send me a pm about the actuator.
I'll consider it but it's so easy to use and i just wanted to get it working
and it follows the KISS rule.
I suppose I could put the button on the console where my remote used to be.
Now there's an idea.

holly :q:q:q:q, looks like you have a super computer behind the seats!! lol, looks better than I thought and im sure its pretty cool, bet it sounds amazing too!

HOLY MOTOWN! Nice setup man. How does that box sound? Are you willing to release dimensions? Congrats on the Galaxy set up, that's something you don't see everyday.

holly :q:q:q:q, looks like you have a super computer behind the seats!! lol, looks better than I thought and im sure its pretty cool, bet it sounds amazing too!

I'm very pleased with how crystal clear it sounds, even turned up all the way.
Even better than I thought it would be.
No clipping or scratching, 100+ to 1 sn ratio 20-20k frequency response :D

HOLY MOTOWN! Nice setup man. How does that box sound? Are you willing to release dimensions? Congrats on the Galaxy set up, that's something you don't see everyday.

I have some pics with pattern drawings on cardboard and somewhere I wrote up a how to build the box which requires some intermediate skill.

Nobody took me up on this when I wrote it up 2 years ago and posted it here under Custom Sub Box.

Here it is

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=54583&highlight=Custom+Sub+Box

Thanks man. I really would like my trunk back and when and if I get around to doing my box and system set up that I have planned I need a layout such as that. Will have to tweak it of course to tune and size it to spec but that's a great fitting box and It's hard to believe that it's 3.7 cu. ft. Then again I still have the stock subs, amp and that cover on there that I would like to stay but what ever.

Thanks again, I will keep this in mind later down the road.

Thanks man. I really would like my trunk back and when and if I get around to doing my box and system set up that I have planned I need a layout such as that. Will have to tweak it of course to tune and size it to spec but that's a great fitting box and It's hard to believe that it's 3.7 cu. ft. Then again I still have the stock subs, amp and that cover on there that I would like to stay but what ever.

Thanks again, I will keep this in mind later down the road.

To make it fit so well I made it piece by piece starting with the base then the side with the amps then around the trunk springs under the window where the ports are then down the piece with the holes for the subs back to the base.
The sides next to the wheelwells were made using patterns cut out of boxboard
which were easily traceable after the box was taken out of the trunk.
I would take it out after every piece was added then check the fit before adding the next piece.
It took some time but success takes effort.
I have a table saw but also used a small hand grinder to do the angled edges for best fit.
I also used a bit of bondo here and there.

MDF grinds easy and you just have to fit up the pieces.

Right now I'm running a box that is 4 cu. ft. after speaker and port displacement. It's built right, for our interpretation of right lol. I have just enough rooom to fit a golf bag behind it and a box of car goodies beside it. It's a nice looking set up but definitely taking up some space. Need to get money to pay off my recent car fix and get tranny and other work done before I can add some toys to my larger toy.

Members online

Back