GOT my 98 mark viii lsc

Which car are you talking about, and are there two or three cars pictured?

The first 7 in his pb, T. Red on tan with chrome 10 spokes.

I'll assume you can't for whatever reason see the pictures I put in here for him.

hey guys sorry the other red car was something I found last year.
yes it has the 10 spoke my car

also I am looking for a new rear window gasket if anyone knows were I can get it
also I want to do the cobra brake upgrade in the front so if someone can help me that would be great thanks guys

hey guys sorry the other red car was something I found last year.
yes it has the 10 spoke my car

also I am looking for a new rear window gasket if anyone knows were I can get it
also I want to do the cobra brake upgrade in the front so if someone can help me that would be great thanks guys

Welcome to the Mark VIII world.

Rear window gasket is available complete with window!! Seat bezel, if you can find a good used one I have seen sell on Ebay for upawards of $150.00. You can still have mint looking with repaired stuff so rather than blow all your cash on something you or anyone else will never see the repair.

Nice looking Mark.

Be prepaered to spend $600+ for a new back window installed. Or scrounge the junk yards for a mark with a good back window seal, have a mobile glass guy come out remove from junkyard car and swap into your car. OR buy that trim repair kit from super coupe performance.

Didn't you sell your LS so you could get a Mark?

Out of curiousity, what is the reason why you wanted a Mark 8 over
LS? I mean the guys over at the LS forum are probably wondering about the same thing.

i sold my ls bc it was black and i dident want to drive it everyday i kick my self everyday for selling it. but ill find another one.

i has a 98 mark viii back in 04 and i loved it was young and dident know alot about the car so i sold it.
i really love the mark viii thats why i wanted it again

If any one knows were to get a factory one let me know. Even if it coast me I want it fixed already

I forgot which member removed his lasagna and it actually looked pretty clean. He said that it doesn't leak because of the silicon used to attach the rear glass. He posted pictures but I can't remember his name.

Excellent buy. Beautiful color. I didn't think there were any rust free cars of this vintage in the NE? EPWillis, your car is damn sharp, too. All the cars here show pride of ownership. DownLow, you and I and the Ls guy all have toreador GenII's. Good thing we're 2000 miles apart or mine would get jealous.

lol thanks man so guys with a little bit of looking i found a factory rear glass brand new. in brooklyn and i bought it. lol got it for 500. witch i dident think was a bad price.

I forgot which member removed his lasagna and it actually looked pretty clean. He said that it doesn't leak because of the silicon used to attach the rear glass. He posted pictures but I can't remember his name.

Mine has no trim on the rear glass and is flush with the body. The glass is set with urethane.

image.jpg

Mine has no trim on the rear glass and is flush with the body. The glass is set with urethane.

Can you take some close up pics? So we all can see what it look's like? Mine is in bad shape and would like to do what you did!

Very nice any leaks

Can you take some close up pics? So we all can see what it look's like? Mine is in bad shape and would like to do what you did!

No leaks at all. The "seal" is actually just trim, the window is sealed with urethane.
I'll take some pictures, I'm pretty sure I have some in my progress thread. I also took out the roof filler panels in the process to clean up the roof line.

Members online

No members online now.
Back