Got a new facelift

Broseph

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I'll try posting some pictures of the damage after searching how to upload the files. Two years around this forum and I still have yet to post pics.

Anywho....

A guy backed up and didn't see the car. Hood, bumper, grill, and possibly passenger headlight are done. I'm going in in the morning to get an estimate for repair.

The only problem I have is that I did the Gen II LSE bumper swap with Gen II headlights. The hood and grill are not an issue since I could just get a LSE grill and slap it on an 02 hood. The problem is the bumper and the headlight. Is it possible to have the collision repair place quote out for different bumpers and lights? Or do I just have to have them run the quote through and see about sourcing out the parts myself?

I've never read anyone running into this issue. Sucks because if they can't/won't do it, then they'll run into mounting issues with the header panel and different driver headlight.

I would assume with proof of purchase or even better yet; proof of install, they would/should quote on the actual parts on car.

This only seems logical to me and logic this day and age seems lost.

Hope all goes well. GL!

Thanks.

That's a serious dig into ebay and rockauto records that hopefully come up. Doubt it though with ebay records not showing what the item purchase was after 12 months (IIRC). We'll see though.

Members online

Back