Got a Mark VIII!

wm_sorg

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of the mark viii I purchased over the weekend.

34ts.jpg

26hk.jpg

14ps.jpg

Thanks. A lot of people say a chip is the way to go. I was thinking of putting on some high flow cats first. How much does a typical exhaust setup cost for these cars? I still want it to sound like a Lincoln.

High flow cats from what I have been told are useless on our cars because the flow numbers are barely different from what we have from the factory.....unless they are REALLY old, and clogged. What you can do is pull the third cat, have them weld in an x-pipe, and run true duals all the way back to different mufflers. You can spend as little as $400 up to over $1000 (depending on how you have it done, the parts that you use, and the cost at the place that you have it done at). The only problem you will have is that as soon as you change damn near anything on this car it will no longer sound like a Lincoln. :Beer

Thanks for the information. How loud will it get if I pull the third cat? I just do not want it to sound as loud as a mustang or LS1 firebird.

I am not sure if anyone has just done that or not. But you can prolly get some really quite mufflers and go that way. One thing is is that EACH muffler on our cars weigh like 40 pounds, and they are HUGE X HUGE to say the least. Taking that unsprung weight off of the car it is quicker all around. Here is what my car sounds like with a true dual exhaust done, the third cat removed, and 2.5 inch pipes all the way back to LMS Assassin Mufflers (canister style with big tips on it.....if you went with quiet mufflers it will not sound like this, but might perform pretty good).

I had some real cheap mufflers on my old S-10 that I got from Summit. I think I paid like $15 each for them and they were relatively quiet....compared to the cherry bomb that I had on there before that.......and the mufflers on my old car (video clip in this thread) are about the same......
:Beer

Last edited:
The sound clip link is not working for me.

Oh yeah, glad you found yourself a good car wm_sorg.

1wykdmk8 said:
Sawwy bout that.....I forgot a letter in the linky. Try it now....it works. :Beer
Now that's music to my ears and murder to my lungs . . . cough cough. :Beer

Members online

Back